This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
    so i was getting charged for every little thing i used my phone for and my priceplan, after 10 minutes speaking to a very helpful girl i was given a rebate of ?75, which brought it down to normal
    seems i may have mis-judged Vodafone to get something right for a change

i was charged over ?60 which is ?40 more than the girl said, so i guess i will ahve to give them a phone

one day they will get something right

Comment

Rang O2 about my broken C905 - the guy I spoke to knew straight away what model I had when I told him what the problem was! He said the fault is so common the phone has been recalled and O2 no longer stock it (and I believe Orange don't either) so they have offered me 4 alternatives:

Nokia N96
      Sony Ericsson W995
      Samsung Pixon
      Samsung Tocca Ultra

Any suggestions? I'm tempted by either the W995 or the Pixon but will do some t'internet research before I make a decision. I did ask about getting an iPhone instead (a long shot I know!) and he said they couldn't do that without me paying up the rest of my contract which would be several hundred pounds. Oh well...

Comment

Personally I would choose the N96.

Comment

cant you get a newer phone, but maybe pay a couple of quid difference

i think the C905 is better than all of those phones that have been mentioned

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
            i think the C905 is better than all of those phones that have been mentioned
            Have you seen the return rate of the C905
            Above average return rates of Sony Ericsson's flagship C905 cellphone in the UK have left the company issuing both apologies and potentially compensation.  Return rates as high…

I use to work for SE, wouldn't buy another until they change their cost cutting ways.

Speaking of which, I just got a HTC Hero and it owns.
            Last edited by smokedog; 07-08-2009, 18:52.

Comment

Originally posted by smokedog View Post
              Above average return rates of Sony Ericsson's flagship C905 cellphone in the UK have left the company issuing both apologies and potentially compensation.  Return rates as high…
              nah i havent seen that, i've had mine since April and its fine and dandy </touch wood>

Comment

Originally posted by smokedog
                Hey, I have been looking on the Orange website during the past week and I must say, the particular phone you have mentioned is perking my interest as my 18 months contract comes to an end on the 7th September.

Would you mind telling me a little bit about your (brief) experience with the Hero so far please. I have been looking forward to the Android OS for a while now hence the reason why I am interested.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by SmokeMeAKipper View Post
                  Rang O2 about my broken C905 - the guy I spoke to knew straight away what model I had when I told him what the problem was! He said the fault is so common the phone has been recalled and O2 no longer stock it (and I believe Orange don't either) so they have offered me 4 alternatives:

Nokia N96
                  Sony Ericsson W995
                  Samsung Pixon
                  Samsung Tocca Ultra

Any suggestions? I'm tempted by either the W995 or the Pixon but will do some t'internet research before I make a decision. I did ask about getting an iPhone instead (a long shot I know!) and he said they couldn't do that without me paying up the rest of my contract which would be several hundred pounds. Oh well...
                  the W995 is basically the walkman version of the C905 i wouldn't touch SE with a barge pole now its all been downhill for them since the K800i imo.
                  N96 is ok had quite a few software problems though toco ultra or pixon i would say tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by smokedog View Post

I use to work for SE, wouldn't buy another until they change their cost cutting ways.

I just got one of these on Friday and I can't begin to explain how much I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                      I just got one of these on Friday and I can't begin to explain how much I love it.
                      Same here. It can slow down at times. But apart from that it is the best handset I have used. Well worth it.

Comment

Anyone have a Nokia 5800? Opinion on it please?

Ta.

Comment

Yeah, I do. I like it a lot. Anything in particular you're interested in that I can answer for you?

Comment

Cool, thanks mate.

Always had Nokia's in the past, then a Blackberry that the charge socket went on, now i have an LG Arena (the iphone rip off). The thing drives me insane, so after 4 months with it T-Mobile have kindly said i can swap it. Gone for the 5800.

Just want to know really if it ever freezes on you, or switches itself off? General reliability really?

Is texting/emails ok with average sized fingers also? On the LG it's such a painful exercise

Comment

Originally posted by Wavey Pavey View Post
                              Just want to know really if it ever freezes on you, or switches itself off? General reliability really?
                              Occasionally it will have a funny turn and lock up or crash completely but no more than any other phone I've ever had. I'm yet to find one where you can run lots of apps etc and the phone still works properly. Sometimes the apps I leave running in the background (twitter, podcasts, music player etc) will mysteriously close down and the phone will just be back to no apps. I can't work out what triggers that but it's not a problem as the phone keeps woirking all the time.

Is texting/emails ok with average sized fingers also? On the LG it's such a painful exercise
                              I don't use the stylus on mine at all and can text, write posts here, enter URL's etc no problems at all. It will take you a little bit of getting used to and I'd recommend setting the text entry to full size qwerty rather than mini but I can type just as fast (probably faster) than any other phone I've had.

Ask any more questions you have. I've had it for months now so know a lot about it I think. Hope that's helped.

Comment

Has a lot mate, thanks a lot.

I get mine tomorrow, so may be back to rack your brains.

Thanks again

Comment

Working...
                                X