Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wondered if anyone here has any experience of downgrading a pay monthly tariff on O2?

I'm 12 months through a contract and was just told that now 9 months have passed I should be able to downgrade for the remainder of the contract.

Would I be able to downgrade to any cheaper tariff or is it just set ones? Would I actually be able to drop to something like a Simplicity tariff or would that be pushing it too far?Wondered if anyone here has any experience of downgrading a pay monthly tariff on O2?

I'm 12 months through a contract and was just told that now 9 months have passed I should be able to downgrade for the remainder of the contract.

Would I be able to downgrade to any cheaper tariff or is it just set ones? Would I actually be able to drop to something like a Simplicity tariff or would that be pushing it too far?

Comment

I think you can downgrade to any tariff

Comment

If so that would be amazing - the only thing that kind of throws me is that the Simplicity one is a Sim only tarrif where's the one I'm on now is an upgrade with a new handset.

I basically want to drop the tarrif as Simplicity

a) is a better deal

and

b) then I can think about getting a new Android handset

Comment

you might not be able to go for a simplicity one, as they are the ones without any handset subsidy included in the price.

Comment

Phone them and ask them. That will be conclusive.

Originally posted by Quality Chimp
            Are there any good Megadrive or MAME emulators on it? I know there's a Playstation and SNES emulator.
            In my experience only non-reaction based games work using touchscreen emulators well. MAME would probably be a complete fail...

Comment

Originally posted by Randicoot View Post
              Phone them and ask them. That will be conclusive.
              Well obviously.

Comment

Got a problem with my BB Bold 9000 at the moment, I can't connect to my wireless router at home. I go through the automatic scanning it finds my network find and tells me to add a PIN which the BB gives me to my wireless access point. Do I add this PIN through my D-LINK router admin page? If so I can't for the life of me find where. Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Comment

Surely the password you need to enter is the encryption password from the router (and enter it on the BB)? Sorry if I'm being retarded.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                    Surely the password you need to enter is the encryption password from the router (and enter it on the BB)
                    That is how it has always worked for me.

Comment

So, going on holiday in May and Mrs Teddy wants to take one of our contract iPhones with us as an emergency contactoriser (it's a word...honest). I suggested we take her old Virgin Mobile PAYG with some pre-loaded credit on it just in case we need a phone but she is adement that we take a contract handset.

What's the best way to make sure I don't get stung with a ma-hoo-sive bill upon my return? I'll be in Japan and it'll only really be used for a few text messages and maybe the odd call but I don't envision myself using it to check my e0mail or browse this forum all day (like I do now )

I've done a bit of googling and seen some horror stories about people coming home to ?500 bills which O2 have later refunded due to a software error. Is this fixed now?

Any help given is, as always, gratefully received.

Comment

Switch off Data Roaming.

Comment

I always take a sim free phone when I travel abroad and buy a prepay sim from the country i am in and text my new phone contact details on arrival it is much cheaper.

Comment

Anyone got the HTC Desire yet?

Comment

Don't think it's available yet is it? Read today that T-mobile were holding it back for a week or so because of a problem with the software that needed fixing.

Originally posted by T-mobile to Pocketlint
                              "We're currently unsure of when we'll be able to take orders for the HTC Desire, as interest has been high. In order to avoid disappointment we do not want to take orders that we can't deliver on. Looking at the computer and it looks as though it'll be after the weekend".
                              Others just don't have it in stock yet.

edit: then again a quick look around suggests a small number of people got theirs. Trust HTC to have an iPhone killer on their hands and for the release to be a bit cack handed.
                              Last edited by Spatial; 29-03-2010, 22:00.

Comment

Orange are going to have an exclusive Desire "black edition" according to Engadget. Release is supposed to be end of April:http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/29/h...ge-uk-in-late/

It does look pretty sexeh, tempted myself.

EDIT: I was wrong, Carphone Warehouse have it now apparently: http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-...-orange-680427
                                Last edited by NW2013; 30-03-2010, 11:04.

Comment

Working...
                                X