Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you want more data and calls then Tesco Mobile (aka O2 network) ?15 a month rolling contract gives you 2gb plus 1000 mins and 5000 texts
    Last edited by charlesr; 14-11-2012, 06:57.

Comment

Just moved to GiffGaff

?12 Goody Bag

250 minutes (more than enough for me)
      Unlimited text
      Unlimited data

I was O2 with an unlocked iPhone so no issues moving over - I know O2's network isn't the best, but it seems generally fine in Birmingham.

I'll see how much data I use and might change it to the ?10 goody bag (1gb data)
      Last edited by charlesr; 14-11-2012, 06:58.

Comment

Seems nokia have released, or soon to be releasing, a map app for the iphone, with android next year. HTML 5 app, needs data connection, no offline mode or turn by turn driving mode, but you get access to all of nokias maps with walking style top down directions. So no different than google maps used to be on the iphone but nokias maps are rather excellent, and at least there is a choice now.

Comment

Never tried Nokia maps but heard good things about it. Never had a reason to with Google maps being so good these days tbh.

Comment

I've been using Nokia Maps for a long time. It's offline with an online lookup for postcodes and street names. Really good.

Meanwhile Ligo have released the BlueWave. As far as I can make out if you only get mobile reception in one upstairs window of your house, you just leave the mobile there and then take your mobile calls on your normal DECT phones dotted around the house. Also useful if you can't be bothered to take your mobile around the house with you and live in a mansion.

Comment

Looks like the profiteers wasted no time in getting there multiple nexus4s on ebay at the usual inflated silly prices.

Comment

Bit daft ebaying the Nexus 4. Any normal person would just wait for more stock and pay the regular price. I hope the ebayers can't get rid of them.

Comment

Not up on my phones, but I fancy treating myself. What is the best and cheapest reliable place to buy an I-Phone 5 unlocked.

Comment

It would seem most people are paying around ?380/90 for a 8gb N4. Must be because O2 are selling them for ?399!

Comment

Originally posted by StuM82 View Post
                      Bit daft ebaying the Nexus 4. Any normal person would just wait for more stock and pay the regular price. I hope the ebayers can't get rid of them.
                      Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                      Looks like the profiteers wasted no time in getting there multiple nexus4s on ebay at the usual inflated silly prices.
                      Originally posted by bash View Post
                      It would seem most people are paying around ?380/90 for a 8gb N4. Must be because O2 are selling them for ?399!
                      LG (the manufacturers of the Nexus 4) have been trying to flog it unlocked in other parts of the continent for €600!

I despise the people who are doing this, but I cannot blame them when Google have effectively allowed it to come to this.

Worst flagship smartphone launch EVER. By Light Years.
                      Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 14-11-2012, 20:06.

Comment

Originally posted by SUMIRE View Post
                        Not up on my phones, but I fancy treating myself. What is the best and cheapest reliable place to buy an I-Phone 5 unlocked.
                        try the apple shop online should be available now, it was saying 3-4 weeks availability a couple of weeks back.

I've read rumours, apple are testing an iphone 5s already for next year release.

Comment

Originally posted by wod View Post

I've read rumours, apple are testing an iphone 5s already for next year release.
                          Wouldn't exactly be a surprise, would it?

iPhone = 2007, iPhone 3G = 2008, iPhone 3GS = 2009, iPhone 4 = 2010, iPhone 4S = 2011, iPhone 5 = 2012.

Many people are probably already waiting on an "iPhone 5S" to be released next year.
                          Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 14-11-2012, 20:11.

Comment

Hopefully google flood the market with them soon and scupper peoples plans.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                              Hopefully google flood the market with them soon and scupper peoples plans.
                              Wouldn't count on them to do that at all, given the way that they spectacularly fecked the launch up.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                                Wouldn't exactly be a surprise, would it?

iPhone = 2007, iPhone 3G = 2008, iPhone 3GS = 2009, iPhone 4 = 2010, iPhone 4S = 2011, iPhone 5 = 2012.

Many people are probably already waiting on an "iPhone 5S" to be released next year.
                                I'm waiting for the iPhone 10. That's bound to be a good one.

Comment

Working...
                                X