This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time for an upgrade

I've been a O2 iPhone 4S user but need a change. Been looking towards a Samsung Galaxy 4 or Sony Xperia Z maybe Z1? Maybe it's time for 4G or EE?

Just wasted several hrs trying to get a upgrade deal with O2 that ended up with such a ridiculous semi conclusion, I don't really wish to stick with them after this (pity as I've been with them at least 8 years).. More on that later

Looking for a Unlimited text/call and hopefully data or at least a decent wedge for less than ?36 per month options please!

Comment

I got an Xperia Z with unlimited calls & texts and 1GB of data on O2 refresh. Works out at ?32 a month(?17 contract, ?15 phone) over two years.

VERY happy with the phone too.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyJuggleDX View Post
        I got an Xperia Z with unlimited calls & texts and 1GB of data on O2 refresh. Works out at ?32 a month(?17 contract, ?15 phone) over two years.

VERY happy with the phone too.
        Cheers DoddyDX, How's it for games and stuff, any spillages?

Comment

I still use my Xperia Play for games. I may try games on it if I get the cable that allows you to sync a DualShock 3 to it though.

The only flaw I've found is that the screen uses up an insane amount of battery life.

Comment

When I was talking about playlist on Sony music unlimited I didn't mean random selections of stuff, an offline playlist can be anything you can download albums into your offline area which is what I do, as for flac I don't have the time or patience for constantly having to rotate 20 different albums.
            Last edited by Lebowski; 11-09-2013, 21:05.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyJuggleDX View Post
              I still use my Xperia Play for games. I may try games on it if I get the cable that allows you to sync a DualShock 3 to it though.

The only flaw I've found is that the screen uses up an insane amount of battery life.
              I have a DS3 fully working perfectly with my Note, there is an app for that - the phone does need to be rooted though.
              Assume it works on the Experia Play too.
              App:

Comment

Originally posted by Katsujinken View Post
                Time for an upgrade

I've been a O2 iPhone 4S user but need a change. Been looking towards a Samsung Galaxy 4 or Sony Xperia Z maybe Z1? Maybe it's time for 4G or EE?

Just wasted several hrs trying to get a upgrade deal with O2 that ended up with such a ridiculous semi conclusion, I don't really wish to stick with them after this (pity as I've been with them at least 8 years).. More on that later

Looking for a Unlimited text/call and hopefully data or at least a decent wedge for less than ?36 per month options please!
                Was having the same problem today trying to wangle my due upgrade with O2, wouldn't budge on ?37 for the Z1....a full ?10 more than my current Galaxy S2 deal which was the top of the line when I got it, contracts are getting silly.

Comment

Theres always a sim only plan with someone like 3 or gif gaf, and nexus 4/5. Though i just can't see googles experiment with a sensibly priced high end phone happening again, expect top end prices for the 5 i expect, hopefully im proved wrong.

Comment

Tesco sim only plans are worth a look, daughter has one with 600 minutes, unlimited text and 1.5gb of data for a ?9.00 a month. 12 month contract.
                    Think you're right re the Nexus 5 pricing, but whatever it'll still be cheaper than the latest Apple incarnation.
                    Last edited by charlesr; 12-09-2013, 10:31.

Comment

A growing rumble that the Xperia Z1 starts shipping from Monday is getting louder, hope so, keen to see how it measures up in the flesh.

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
                        My S2s memory hasn't needed freeing up, still plenty going in it

Apple used to update itunes every 5 mins and eventually you get to a point where you have to install it. More than once the update has failed and we got to a point where several idevices were messed up or bricked due to itunes. The way it operates is a pain in the arse and it seemingly does so just to help Apple maintain a vice like grip on content. Get rid of it altogether and that would help massively, its easily the most cited reason I hear for Apple defectors.
                        Ironically enough, the advent of Wireless Syncing, iCloud for backing-up/storage & native App/iTunes Stores available directly on iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch has massively negated the need to use iTunes on a desktop computer.

Is iTunes perfect? No - far, far from it. But it's a damn sight better than the vast majority of what went before it. People need to remember **** like RealJukebox & SonicStage to realize this.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                          Though i just can't see googles experiment with a sensibly priced high end phone happening again, expect top end prices for the 5 i expect, hopefully im proved wrong.
                          I suspect this might be the case if the Nexus 5 drops with more than 16GB internal storage, LTE and a 5"+ screen of some kind.

Also, it would help if Google don't make a complete hash of distributing and supplying the Nexus 5 the way they did with the Nexus 4.

Comment

Well yeah iTunes is better than SonicStage, in the sense that SonicStage was last updated in about 2003. You would hope that it would be, really

iTunes and Apple have failed to move with the times in terms of streaming offerings. Their online services have always been their weak point, from iTools BITD to .Mac, then MobileMe, and now iCloud.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                              Well yeah iTunes is better than SonicStage, in the sense that SonicStage was last updated in about 2003. You would hope that it would be, really
                              On a point of pedantry, you're correct! :P

I guess that my general point was that iTunes needs to be put into some sort of perspective. Haters generally hate on it for some really trivial reasons that are no longer relevant now.

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                              iTunes and Apple have failed to move with the times in terms of streaming offerings. Their online services have always been their weak point, from iTools BITD to .Mac, then MobileMe, and now iCloud.
                              If you're looking at it from a music perspective, then yes - Apple haven't moved with the times, streaming-wise. For general storage and back-up of data, they're par for the course.

Comment

I hate on iTunes because it's ridiculously restrictive in that my entire music library MUST live on a single computer and I can only then copy that music to an Apple device. There isn't another system in existence that is more restrictive as far as I'm aware. That isn't how I do things. I don't actually mind the iTunes software at all really.

Comment

Working...
                                X