This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stormbreak View Post
    Jdoes that mean I will get my same phone with everything thats packaged with it? (Memory stick and headphones) Would I be able to ask for a new, superior phone?
    Can only speak of my own experience but no, it means you get the same phone in a white box with a battery. No charger, nothing.

That's what we got when my wife's phone was nicked. A white box with the phone and the battery in it. It came with a load (it's a multimedia phone) of stuff originally but luckily that stuff didn't get nicked.

Comment

Ah, I hope they send me the memory stick too... My headphones were a bit busted so I wouldn't mind if they sent me new ones

Comment

They will just send you the part that you claim for. In this case the actual phone itself with the battery.

Comment

I'm looking to buy myself a phone, just something on Pay As You Go as I wouldn't need a contract.

I have been thinking of getting a Sony Ericsson W810i, although I would get something else if there's something better.

My budget is around ?100, although I would be willing to spend slightly more if I needed to.

Comment

I got the K850i the other day.

It's a great phone and expandes on the K800i by having a better camera and slightly slicker interface. There are 3 touch sensitive buttons now to replace the previous two on the K800i which makes navigation easier. Media functions for photos, videos, music and movies is alot nicer and the screen flips and tilts from vertical to horizontal depending on how you're holding it (like the iphone)

Points of contention would only really be the fact that it attracts fingerprints and the buttons don't feel as high quality as the rest of the phone, but that could be me not being used to them yet.

All in all it's a beautiful and feature packed phone and a good high end flagship phone for sony ericsson.

Thumbs up from me

Comment

The auto shutter rocks too eh?
              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Damnit, I need that phone! Hurry up and release it Orange!

Comment

Frikkin N95 packed in yesterday.

Comment

rossco, you can get the k850i on orange from carphone warehouse. non network variant as well

edit

my n95 is the biggest piece of **** i have ever owned, wish i'd never bought it. you think i would know better

Comment

Should be getting a K850i on O2 contract. £30 a month not to bad. Hopefully gonna get it this friday.

Comment

Originally posted by urbanpanda View Post
                        my n95 is the biggest piece of **** i have ever owned, wish i'd never bought it. you think i would know better
                        Funnily enough, you're not the first person to have said this about the N95, which is a shame considering that its predecessor, the N80, was a solid phone that was hard to fault.

Comment

Sounds like the K850i is turning out to be the better of the two then.

Any thoughts on the touch buttons? How responsive? Does it smudge the screen up easily?

Comment

Well, i walked into my vodaphone store and walked out with a K850i. lol, i was umming and arring over the K850i or teh samsung 5 megapixel equivalent (U700 i think). In the end i felt the features on teh K850i made it a better choice, plus the fact i needed to recommit to an 18 month contract which i DO NOT like. Still the phone was 'free' technically.

I must say though, if you upgrade do not do it over teh phone because i spoke to vodaphone about upgrading and they wanted £75 for the priveledge! So when i walked into the store the guy said it was free and that was a pleasant suprise.

Whats good is it transfer the stuff on your sim to teh phone as part of the wizard. However what bummed me over is the fact that my text messages are on my old phone and not on my sim Grrr.......

The touch screen is sensitive to the same way of an ipod and the directional keys take getting used to, it can actually hurt yah thumb after a while given its unforgiving sharp plastic ends.

I am very impressed with how loud the speaker is on the phone, VERY impressed. The radio feature is very nice........... Although the screen can seem a bit blurry the camera is VERY good!

I must admit its my first phone in a long that is not a clam shell, as i favour the clamshell design over all. Being just a block isnt very stylish i must admit, but given its smooth black finish, i guess i can still pose like the rest of 'em

So yeah im somewhat pleased with my new purchase.

Comment

Anyone who doesn't get a K850i is either a right ****ing idiot or dead. Just to let you know that no other camera will come close to it for a great while too. The camera on the K800i is better than pretty much every other phone barring the K850i and it's only 3.2mp. So when everyone else has 7mp cameras the K850i will still be superior.
                              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

My K850i has been stuck with DHL since Wednesday cause I was at work!

Hopefully should get it today when I get home.

Can someon tell me if this ringer is loud and is there a loud speaker?

Comment

Working...
                                X