This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FSW View Post
    It's a huge (*groan*) hurdle to overcome initially. I spent days deliberating over having such a gigantic slab for a phone. Takes about half an hour before you realise it's the greatest phone ever made and an iPhone starts to look like "my first phone" /evangilism
    Badum tish

Quite tempted by the Xperia Z1, but also want to wait to see what the Nexus 5 is like. Problem with waiting is that I'd miss out on the free ?99 bluetooth headphones three are offering for pre-ordering the Z1, but I like the idea of the stock Android on the Nexus 5. Then again I also still really like the iPhone... Bah!

Comment

Originally posted by FSW
      Bit of both. I'd manage without a stylus but I'd have to take a paper and pen to meetings.

Does sound good taking notes in meetings on your phone. I hate the styling of Samsung devices though and I don't fancy paying 600 notes (thanks for coming) for a phone, as I'm hoping the new Nexus will be in the ?300 - ?350 range. F*ck contracts lol.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
        Does sound good taking notes in meetings on your phone. I hate the styling of Samsung devices though and I don't fancy paying 600 notes (thanks for coming) for a phone, as I'm hoping the new Nexus will be in the ?300 - ?350 range. F*ck contracts lol.[/COLOR]
        That's another thing putting me off getting any kind of new phone at the moment, the bloody prices! I'm paying ?13 a month at the moment and something like the Xperia Z1 would set me back ?99 up front and ?34 a month which is a massive jump even if I would be getting a shiny new phone. Or ?550 up front sim free.

A Nexus 4 still tempts me a bit simply due to the price (and it's still much newer than my iPhone 4).

Comment

Originally posted by Pavey View Post
          Back to iOS 7. You can no longer double click the Home button and close down apps by holding down on one of them and hitting the minus symbol. Does this mean they all run in the background, or did that process not do anything anyway?
          When you double click, you slide the app up and it closes it.

Comment

So it does, thanks mate.

Comment

Just put iOS7 on my ipad mini, it's hideous

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
                It's a huge (*groan*) hurdle to overcome initially. I spent days deliberating over having such a gigantic slab for a phone. Takes about half an hour before you realise it's the greatest phone ever made and an iPhone starts to look like "my first phone" /evangilism
                This gent knows what he is talking about... I was a huge iphone fanboy but traded my ip5 for a note 2 now after today's ios7 on my ipad mini debacle I think it will be going to cex and I'll be buying the new nexus 7. **** apple

Comment

Originally posted by ETC View Post
                  Just put iOS7 on my ipad mini, it's hideous
                  Originally posted by ETC View Post
                  This gent knows what he is talking about... I was a huge iphone fanboy but traded my ip5 for a note 2 now after today's ios7 on my ipad mini debacle I think it will be going to cex and I'll be buying the new nexus 7. **** apple
                  I'm in no rush to update mine, but are you not overreacting?

Initial reaction across the industry to iOS 7 has been mixed at very best.

Comment

Different is bad remember!

Comment

For some reason, it looks much, much nicer on my iPhone all nice and compact than it does on my iPad. And that's made even worse by not being able to get a decent wallpaper to fit due to the scaling thing. Got to say, I love how it looks on my iPhone now (after the initial shock wore off). And the functionality all seems good to me. So much easier to find and download an album I have bought from iTunes too.

I'm very happy with the update. But can't quite getting it looking as nice on my iPad.

Odd though how some Apple apps escaped the iOS7 redesign. iBooks is the same, as is Find My Friends and both now stand completely at odds with their new design ideas. Two apps I will never, ever use...

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                        I'm in no rush to update mine, but are you not overreacting?

Initial reaction across the industry to iOS 7 has been mixed at very best.
                        Not really its sluggish as hell now. One of the few reasons I kept it was it a pretty smooth but doesn't seem to be now. I can't say what it looks like on a phone but for me it is not good on the mini if it's down to power needs or not being optimised in not sure but I don't think it's for me

*I didn't change my iPhone due to ios7 in case it sounded like I did was just a bit bored of it after having one since the 3G

Comment

I've installed iOS 7 on my iPad and iPhone 5. Runs very smoothly. Really like the new style although not as keen on some of the colour choices but I suppose they need to be distinct. The way colour in an app is linked from the icon through the controls of the app is clever.

Going to see if I can pick up a 5s tomorrow for the good lady. Curious to see just how fast it is.

Comment

Originally posted by djtickle View Post
                            When you double click, you slide the app up and it closes it.
                            Poor webOS, stolen wholesale and no one even noticed. Multi tasking is much better like this in ios7. Though I'm still missing web searching in spotlight, I've actually stopped searching for stuff because of the now non centralized way to do it, unlock phone, open safari, scroll up then search. Instead of unlock phone and search.

Also, anyone who's thinking of getting infinity blade 3 keep your charger to hand, absolute battery obliterator. You know what, don't bother with it, cheating twat of a game, it's just one big cheat fest designed to frustrate you into micro transactions so you can keep up with the enemy's, who also cheat, save your cash people.
                            Last edited by fishbowlhead; 19-09-2013, 21:10.

Comment

Well THAT didn't take long.

The moment operating systems become available to the public is also the moment millions of people have the opportunity to hunt around and find bugs. And, it appears that at least one rather critical bug has already been discovered in iOS 7. A keen-eyed user found a way to bypass the passcode-protected lockscreen and gain access to the device's photos app, giving him the ability to hijack the email or social network account associated with that device. Essentially, you access the alarm clock through Control Center, make your way into the multitasking menu and head into the camera app from there. We've embedded the video evidence below, just in case you're interested in trying it out for yourself; we tested it out using an iPhone 5s running iOS 7.0.1, and were able to duplicate the user's claims. This isn't the first time we've seen an iOS bug capable of bypassing your lockscreen and compromising the security of your device, and Apple typically squashes those bugs with patches; the last one took a month, however, so we'd like to see an update to iOS 7.0.2 a bit sooner than that. While you wait, the easiest way to avoid this concern is to disable the ability to access Control Center from the lockscreen (this can be found in the settings). [Thanks, @vbarraquito!] Update: Apple tells AllThingsD that it's aware of the bug, and that it's working on a fix.

Comment

I can't replicate that on my phone or iPad. Maybe the bug is only in 7.0.1 which is the build specific to the new phones.

Comment

Working...
                                X