X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do they have a forum?

Comment

Sure they used to, maybe you have to register to see it?

As DJW says though it's a great site for phone specs and comparisons and the like.

Has anyone had any experience of using these online sites to take out a contract with?

Get great value mobile deals quickly and easily at Buymobiles.

Compare the latest mobile phone deals from Mobile Phones Direct, part of the AO family. Join 1 million happy customers. All major networks & handsets plus FREE next day delivery!

They all have some great deals, but pretty awful reviews/feedback on the web on the whole, but guess people who haven't had a problem don't bother posting a review.

Comment

Yeah each phone has its own message board, if you scroll down and click on User Reviews and Comments it opens up the full board for that phone. The layout isn't your standard message board format but it's perfectly serviceable, it's also possible to run searches on them.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidH View Post
          Sure they used to, maybe you have to register to see it?

As DJW says though it's a great site for phone specs and comparisons and the like.

Has anyone had any experience of using these online sites to take out a contract with?

Get great value mobile deals quickly and easily at Buymobiles.

Find a great deal on a new phone from Phones.co.uk. Choose from the best manufacturers including Apple, Samsung, Google and more, with mobile phone deals available on O2, Three and Vodafone. Free next-day delivery on all orders.

Compare the latest mobile phone deals from Mobile Phones Direct, part of the AO family. Join 1 million happy customers. All major networks & handsets plus FREE next day delivery!

They all have some great deals, but pretty awful reviews/feedback on the web on the whole, but guess people who haven't had a problem don't bother posting a review.
          Used buymobiles.net for my last contract, got the phone the next day very speedy and seems to be cheaper than what the actual contract providers can give you, They sign you up for tech support and phone insurance that you can't opt out of as its a free month trial thing, but can be canceled very quickly either via there site or via the direct debit,

Very helpful customer service too, I signed up for the wrong contract and they got me swapped over with no issues.

Comment

Just FYI - buymobiles.net and phones.co.uk are the same company

EDIT: Actually they are all the same company now lol!

Comment

Oh really, mobiles.co.uk are Carphone Warehouse owned.

Thanks Lebowski, will give them a whirl me thinks.

Is a tenner a month cheaper than P4U, CPW etc.

Comment

Gonna give the 4s a try. All the different android hardware and software versions have given me a headache. Let's hope the battery is good enough!

Comment

Mobile Phone thread - please include links to good deals

I have an iPhone 4s now. Not altogether impressed with the battery life -- needs more tests, but it doesn't seem much different to my sgs2. Does this sound right?
                  Last edited by egparadigm; 16-04-2014, 17:50.

Comment

What is it you're doing on it/have switched on? wife has a 4S and it's not great battery life wise but isn't terrible.

Got my Sony Z Ultra today, Jesus it's a big phone. Lovely piece of kit though. Wish the case from Amazon had arrived to protect it from the off.

Comment

Originally posted by monomaniacpat View Post
                      All the different android hardware and software versions have given me a headache.
                      Stock Android with a Nexus, Moto or Google Play Edition Device.

Problem solved.
                      Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 18-04-2014, 11:09.

Comment

Problem was the battery life of nexus apparently not good compared to other models.

Giving the 4s more time to prove itself. Got a bit put off because phone had faults which the seller agreed to pay to be fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by monomaniacpat View Post
                          Problem was the battery life of nexus apparently not good compared to other models.
                          While I don't think that any smartphones have particularly great battery life, this is hard to argue against - my Nexus 4's battery life is unimpressive, but then I've had it for a year or so. And I haven't heard outstanding things about the Nexus 5's battery if I'm honest. I'm personally too far down the stock Android route to go with using a skinned device like a Samsung or HTC. I personally like the peace of mind that comes with knowing that I'll get OS updates, but everybody is different.

Surely you'd be better off with an iPhone 5s or 5c at this point? Updating a 4S to iOS7+ isn't going to do the battery any favours at all.

Comment

Mobile Phone thread - please include links to good deals

I don't want to spend that much, if at at all possible. I thought I would first try a 4s and see how I got on with it. I am actually rather impressed with the OS after years of anti-apple bias. I feel like the compromises are worth putting up with for the consistencies.

If the nexus brand had good battery life I think that really would be the ideal... I get the impression this has been compromised in order to hit the right price point. It seems to me bizarre that the nexus 5 shares so much with the g2 and yet cripples it's previously impressive battery life. (I think these were the models.)

By the way, if anyone is after a good case/bumper, I happen to think this one is particularly awesome. It's called Walnutt and is especially deep. Only a deep impact from a spiky rock is going to get this sucker:

Last edited by egparadigm; 19-04-2014, 09:01.

Comment

Help from someone with a recent Sony phone please, I can't seem to add pictures to contacts, I know you can't when the contacts are stored on the sim, but they're not and I feel like I've tried everything - I select the pic, click done and it just hangs with the moving bar in the middle of the screen, like it's working but it doesn't work. Can quit out easily enough but is annoying now.
                              Last edited by VR46; 19-04-2014, 22:39. Reason: clarity

Comment

mobiles.co.uk have the Z2 in stock on a ?33 contract, no upfront fee, unlimited texts and calls and 5GB data all on O2...

Anyone dealt with them before? This seems like a really great offer, no Z tablet for ?99 as you would get going direct with O2 but that's something I'm more than willing to overlook at this price.

Comment

Working...
                                X