This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
    Anyone who doesn't get a K850i is either a right ****ing idiot or dead. Just to let you know that no other camera will come close to it for a great while too. The camera on the K800i is better than pretty much every other phone barring the K850i and it's only 3.2mp. So when everyone else has 7mp cameras the K850i will still be superior.
    I went from a k800i to an N95, and I have to say I thought the photo's the k800i took were a lot better than the N95. When you load them onto your PC there is a lot more detail in the average k800i photo.

I was disapointed in my N95. It did loads of things, but none of them particulalry well. The GPS took an age to get a lock, and then you had to be stationary. The battery life was very poor, and the camera was
    Inconsistent.

I liked my k800i, the only reason I got rid of it was because I was bored of it, but thats the case with all my phones. The only reason I got an N95 rather than a k850i is there is no point getting a k850i if you already have an k800i in my books.

There are however two things that kind of suck about sony phones. I have owned a k750 and a k800 and the joyticks on both were crap. The 2nd is the Sony Sync software is really, really dump.

Other than that I would happily have another Sony ericsson

Comment

Originally posted by ne0star View Post
      The 2nd is the Sony Sync software is really, really dump.
      Check MyMobileExplorer out instead. Not sure if the K850i's officially supported by it yet but I would imagine it is - if not it'll only be a matter of time. Considerably better than the SE PC Suite (which won't even install on my home comp because it doesn't realise C:\ isn't a hard drive and crashes when it tries to write there).

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMusashi
        Anyone who doesn't get a K850i is either a right ****ing idiot or dead.
        Um, or wants PUSH email and doesn't care for using his phone as a camera?

EDIT:

Originally posted by JoeMusashi
        Just to let you know that no other camera will come close to it for a great while too.
        Except, like, an ACTUAL camera.
        Last edited by wakka; 19-10-2007, 18:56.

Comment

Phoned Orange there, K850i still not in for a week or two, the girl will phone me then and arrange the free upgrade!

Comment

Got me K850i, had to get it sent to my home address as my card is registered there. Dads sending it special delivery tomorrow so shall be with me monday!! Cant wait hehe.

Comment

Anyone still have/use their old-skool N-Gage? The design's brilliant - and I can't get enough of the games.

Comment

Originally posted by ne0star View Post
                There are however two things that kind of suck about sony phones. I have owned a k750 and a k800 and the joyticks on both were crap. The 2nd is the Sony Sync software is really, really dump.

Other than that I would happily have another Sony ericsson
                The K850i doesn't have a joystick.

I got my K850i today from Phones 4 U. It is on the Orange Dolphin 500mins / unlimited texts tariff. They gave me ?100 cashback that pays off my existing '3' contract and leaves me with ?25 left over. The contract itself is ?35 / 18month, and I can get Orange broadband for an extra fiver a month, it was free up until a couple weeks ago! I currently pay ?17.99 a month for Orange broadband, so this works out ok for me.

The K850i is a great piece of kit, and the motion sensing works quite well in the inbuilt Marble Madness game! Touch buttons are easy to get used to. I like that this phone accommodates either the M2 or MicroSD cards.

On the whole, I'm impressed. I am a whore for the Sony Ericsson phones, though. T610, K700, K750i, K800i, and now the K850i.

Comment

I'm the same mate, had every one of those too!

I LOVE them. Cant wait for mine to come now, managed to change my package for the same price too to unlimited texts now and 600 minutes for 30 quid a month, and I only have six months left on contract and got the upgrade free!

The longer you stay the better and better they treat you. So I'll even be getting a new phone come January/February as my upgrade was actually due about 2 months ago anyway and never used it.

Comment

I concur. The K850 looks tremendous. Sony have spent ?8 million on marketing it and the new W910i (music player). By the end of the year the 4 top mobile manufacturers will haev released a model with 5mp but i guarantee you the k850i will top the lot. I'm not due upgrade till early march (vodafone policy states your eligible for upgrade when contract has less than 60 days remaining) and probs plan on getting one unless a newer version of it is out. Improved memory card compatibility is definetly welcomed as the M2 cards can be dear although play.com are currently doing 2gb for ?17.99

Comment

It's bizzare that mobile phones are now sold on how many megapixels the camera has.
                      What about ease of use, design and battery life?

Comment

Anyone know where the cheapest place to get a Nokia N81, off contract, is at the moment?

Comment

Originally posted by Randicoot View Post
                          Um, or wants PUSH email and doesn't care for using his phone as a camera?
                          It has PUSH Email, and I'm not Batman. I don't carry a camera around with me at all times in my utility belt.
                          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Maybe a stupid question but on the Sony Erricson K850i, does anyone here know how to set it so the phone vibrates when you recieve a text message and also have a reminder beep/vibration when you recieve a missed call or txt message? Im crap at navigating phone menus and stuff. lol.

Comment

It should do that anyway no? As long as it's set to on, or on if in silent.
                              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Had my SE K850i for one day and I lost it on the damn train when some random bird called me... So ****ed off!

Good job I have insurance though.

Comment

Working...
                                X