This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you not end up with a 5s recently?

I'll be giving my 5s to my girlfriend and will try and grab a 5.5 64GB unit when I'm in the states next month

Comment

Nah, I never got round to buying one before going to Chicago. I'm contract free now a well, so think I'll buy the phone direct and take a sim only plan.

Comment

I went sim free a couple months back, it's really nice feeling I'm not being boned over by the ever moving goalposts of the networks.

Comment

16gb is fine for me. I don't even use half that.

Comment

Just as well, because the OS will :P

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
              I'm contract free now a well, so think I'll buy the phone direct and take a sim only plan.
              In a similar boat. Guess the phone only would be a big initial outlay though!

Comment

indeed, but it doesn't work out any more expensive over a typical contract period, plus you have the benefit of picking from any tarif you want, not what the phone shops choose to bundle, which are often better value.

Comment

I think the 5.5 will be too big for my liking, but I'm very tempted by the higher resolution as I often watch a bit of Netflix on my phone while travelling. I might have to make up a mock up sized unit at work tomorrow for pocket fit testing. (And I'm only half joking!)

Comment

iPhone 6 Plus is out of the question for me - I can't be doing with a phone over 5 inches and I already own an iPad Mini Retina AND a Nexus 5.

If I was going for an iPhone at this point, it would possibly be an iPhone 6 or even a 64GB iPhone 5s (64-bit future-proofed for iOS 8).
                    Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 10-09-2014, 00:01.

Comment

I don't get the draw of larger phones at all. I can fit the iPhone 5 in my pocket. Any bigger and I couldn't do that comfortably. A tablet device is great for many things but when a phone tries to be half phone half tablet, it just seems like it's the worst of all worlds. I can see the point of an Apple Watch type device but only if it replaces the iPhone rather than needing to work in conjunction with it. To me, having a device to tell me to check my phone which I also have with me is utterly pointless.

Comment

Cancelled my Vodafone contract recently as it had come to the end of the duration. ?37.50 a month for service I used on occasion, like once a week. Still, now the handset is paid for I intend to use it for the forseeable future. Gonna have to replace the rear camera module and get some of those moisure absorbing bags as it was semi-submerged once. Galaxy Note 1 running a CyanogenMod 10 build from last year - pretty much works a charm.

I had another call from Vodafone today asking if I had gotten a new contract elsewhere yet, to which I lied and said I had. Guy sounded not too pleased but there was no way that Vodafone were ever going to be competitive to whatever I decide to go with.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a rolling sim only contract at all? Though, I may just get a pay as you go for a while and see what my usage is like.

Comment

Three's One Plan includes unlimited 4G data for ?15 per month. Though it may have gone up very slightly.

Comment

That's what I went too, really handy as I travel a lot too and it's either free to use my data or is reasonable

Comment

Just sat at my desk and marked up the sizes on a pad, that big one is indeed ridiculously large, I'll go for the smaller one. I'm on 3 as well, was on T-Mobile for 13 years prior to that who were crap in comparison. Unlimited data and no price hike when you're abroad are indeed massive plus points.

Comment

Plus three have that new app that lets you male and receive phone calls and texts through WiFi, instantly solving the problem of weak signal in my house without the need for extra hardware plugged into my network.

Comment

Working...
                                X