This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rossco
    I only know about iPhone but when you set up the mail account it asks for your email address and there are several providers that it just works with automatically like Gmail. Otherwise you might have to tinker about but I'm sure you can get any email address set up to push to the iPhone mail app.
    Only Exchange and MobileMe push to the iPhone. Otherwise the iPhone just has to ping the servers every 15/30/60 minutes (whatever you choose) to check for new emails.

Comment

I think it's technically IMAP servers that support Push. Exchange and MobileMe support it, but Google does also too. You can get Push email from GMail on your iPhone, but you have to manually configure it rather than using the GMail button when you add the mail account.

Comment

Protip!

Comment

Smart. IMAP is good too - it forces you to think about whether you really need to keep an email

Comment

I think I may have made a boo boo, which can be fixed as I have time to change the contract. I signed up for my new orange contract and added the orange world interwebs and 3G as it was the cheapest way to do it for nets.

However I just realised to use the email service (I assume the push service) I need to pay an extra £5.

Is this correct? if it is I guess I will have to call them to add it or look at the other contracts that may offer it at a saving.

Comment

My HTC Desire has arrived. Only had a quick play but loving it so far. Definitely an iPhone contender.

Comment

Is the HTC Incredible getting a UK release?

Comment

hi there, just need a little help.

just got the samsung jet and i've noticed that i have a little blue icon in the top left with a G in it. it says in the manual that with that icon on i'm connected to gprs but im not using gps?

is this normal to stay on screen, i wont be getting charged for anything whilst its on??

this icon usto pop up on my old phone but it would turn red and then go when i received MMS texts etc...

Comment

I would think so, but they are talking about late summer or early autumn from what I read. I couldn't wait that long I already held off for the Desire and it seems a small tweak rather than a massive leap.

Originally posted by ChrisField View Post
                    Is the HTC Incredible getting a UK release?

Comment

Originally posted by gamelife View Post
                      hi there, just need a little help.

just got the samsung jet and i've noticed that i have a little blue icon in the top left with a G in it. it says in the manual that with that icon on i'm connected to gprs but im not using gps?

is this normal to stay on screen, i wont be getting charged for anything whilst its on??

this icon usto pop up on my old phone but it would turn red and then go when i received MMS texts etc...
                      GPRS and GPS aren't the same thing. GPRS is the type of network you're connecting over, probably when your 3G signal drops (probably says 'H' in 3G mode). GPS is global positioning. Totally normal for it to say 'G' constantly.

Comment

Had an HTC Desire for over a week now. I'm in love with it.

I recommend NexusMod 2.0 Live Wallpaper too. Customize the colours. Looks lovely.

Comment

Originally posted by StuM82 View Post
                          My HTC Desire has arrived. Only had a quick play but loving it so far. Definitely an iPhone contender.
                          No other phone is an iPhone contender unless it can run iPhone apps.
                          This is the whole point of the iPhone, it's all about the software because as an actual phone the iPhone is no better than average.

Comment

Lot of love for the Android of late. I think you're all mad. I'm holding out for Windows Mobile 7 for some gamerscore on the go! Really loving the look of the W7 interface.

Comment

To me the new Windows interface looks like someone's DeviantART submission. And not one of the better ones.

Comment

Im a bit confused about this Android shizz........ Is it possible for me to get Android on my current smart phone? If so, where and how can I get this?

Im using a LG Viewty Smart until my contract runs up at the end of the year.

Muchos Gracias.......

Comment

Working...
                                X