No announcement yet.

Royal Mail Strike - Quick Question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah sorry guys it went mad after I copied and pasted, it took me forever to sort it as well, But I did

Comment

For your benefits MDECs is in postman group.
      The other are irrelevant to you just delay other post.

Comment

Today was an absolute horrific nightmare, I'm sick of this.

This is the worst week I've ever experienced in any job ever.

Comment

Still here then mate

Comment

It'd take more than that son...

Comment

For those in the know... what's the best way to send post at the moment? I need to send my bank statements to my accountant and I don't really want them going awry. Will definiately send them by some method that requires a signature, but would there be any advantage to sending them special delivery? or which would be best, recorded or registered?

Comment

Special delivery to be honest, but that's not cheap.

It's not guaranteed during a strike but it's got more chance than anything else.

Although it ISN'T part of the USO (universal service obligation) on a strike day, we've (at our office) delivered every specials during every strike apart from 1, and even then we delivered all the ones to businesses.

Comment

Thanks mate. I'm not fussed about it getting there next day, just so long as it doesn't get shuffled to the bottom of (what sounds like) an incredibly large pile where there's a chance it may take weeks to get there. I'll claim the money back off myself () anyway so Special Delivery it is. Cheers.

Comment

I'd use a courier debug !!!

Getting riled now - not got my legal stuff or edge or anything else.

You just know 50% of whatever mail is "backed up" will go walkies.

And I've no road tax - Are the actual PO's open ???

Comment

so the post is on strike again ffs getting sick of this had some thing to come yesterday or today and they haven't turned up, it so annoying

not going to use royal mail for anything ever again, why dont they just pay the staff the pay rise and get on with it

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimax View Post

You just know 50% of whatever mail is "backed up" will go walkies.

And I've no road tax - Are the actual PO's open ???
                        What d'you base than on Yosh? RM have over 100,000 employees, like any large firm there will always be a few bad apples. It's really unfair to tarnish the whole company as a bunch of thieves. Think about it, there are 5 or 6 posties on here who are regular posties, and out of those 5 or 6, how many are decent people?

Yes the PO's are open, always have been. Only crown offices have been on strike and there aren't many of them about nowadays.

wod, sooner rather than later the pay rise will be pushed through at executive level but that might not stop the industrial action.

Comment

Some of my post seems to have gone walkies I rent games by post and games that were posted a few weeks back haven't arrived, yet one posted by Kubrik to me this week has. Go figure! Oh well, not the end of the world

Comment

I myself am a postie, as people have probably gathered. To go back on jebus's point, of course with so many employees there are gonna be a few here and there that are going to be dodgy.

I myself have had a parcel sent to me about 4 weeks ago that hasnt turned up, also one I sent away last week to someone on here has failed to arrive yet, maybe it is a really bad delay because of the strikes r maybe it has gone walkies, its hard to say.

The one thing that people dont understand about a lot of the mail that supposedly "goes missing" is that there are a number of points attributed to this, not just the fact a postman somewhere along the way has decided to have away with it! There are a number of items in the system and I get a fair few pretty much everyday, that have the wrong address on them, maybe the wrong number, or the wrong street, or missing parts of the address, then there are others that maybe the handwriting is so bad thats virtually impossible to understand where the hell its meant to be going. How the **** are we supposed to know where every item of mail like this is meant to be delivered to!

Some of you people on here really need to get a grip of yourselves and stop joining in debates of posts that you really have no clue on. Its embaressing, annoying and insulting to say the least.

Us postman dont just deliver mail you know, again personally I go out of my way to speak to people on the street, especially older people who dont really get anyone else to talk to, it was only this morning I spent 20 minutes of my own time helping an elderly lady hang up all her flower baskets in and around her house! Heck there's even one guy in my office who spends around an hour every day playing cards and doing jigsaws with the elderly people on his duty that stay in a nursing home.

Comment

I have to say that I've had superb service from the RM over the years and its a real shame to see things like post offices closing and going part time etc.

We also have a superb postie round our way who was brilliant just after we had our son and if it was early in the morning he'd put any parcels to our neighbours so as not to wake us.

Comment

Originally posted by neverevertrevor View Post
                                Heck there's even one guy in my office who spends around an hour every day playing cards and doing jigsaws with the elderly people on his duty that stay in a nursing home.
                                You know that there ARE people who do this as part of their job?

Comment

Working...
                                X