Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official dreams thread: share yours here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gunrock View Post
    I believe that teeth falling out is an allegory for making a fool of yourself or embarrassing yourself. Others have said it's worries over your personal appearance. Who knows?
    I once dreamt one of my front teeth fell out... sure enough, the next day, I was eating an ice lolly of all things and half of one chipped off.

I felt like a proper lispy t**t until I got it vaneered in the day after that.

Comment

Originally posted by gunrock View Post
      ... all the other kids in detention all chained together. This teacher was making them exercise and beating them with the chains if they failed to do the exercises properly.
      That's how it should be done, teach the little blighters some respect.

Comment

I'd heard that the teeth thing comes from worries about castration or impotence! lol

When I was a teenager I had a really horrible dream where my teeth CRUMBLED.. like all came out in bits... it was gross.

Comment

I had a dream once a year or so back whenere I was brushing my teeth and everytime I spat into the sink, a load of yellow pus came out instead of frothy tooth paste.

Totally freaked me out for days.

Comment

I don't have really vivid, strange dreams that often but I do have some stand-out weird ones every now and then, like this one, which I still remember perfectly clearly (had it about 6 months back):

I'm in an area of London roughly based on Soho/top end of Charing Cross Road, with my Mum, Dad and little brother (but not my middle brother, oddly), and we go to this club/bar/caf? place. When we're in there it turns out there's a band on, so me and my little bro go and watch them and have a bit of a bounce around, then go back to find the 'rents.

As we go back it's revealed that the place is actually a strip joint and girls will dance at the tables and stuff, at which point Telly Savalas appears (yes Kojak, which is distinctly odd because he's been dead for years and I never even watched Kojak) and it turns out he owns the place. So anyway, we're chatting to Telly and he points out that he's having a bit of trouble from neighbouring businesses because they don't like the fact there's nekkid ladies cavorting around and stuff, and he points outside to one place in particular.

So we look outside and he's pointing at this dry cleaning place next door. We go out to have a look and it turns out it's run by a Hasidic Jew who, sure enough, objects to Telly Savalas's sordid club. Said Jew also tells us he has 15 sons, all of whom are lined up outside the shop, in ascending order of height, in full Hasidic dress.

Dream ended at that point and I had a real WTF moment when I woke up.

Comment

I was attending a party which was taking place in a school classroom. It was very crowded and I had two girls coming on to me. One was an Asian (Indian) girl about my height and a white girl who was taller than me. The white girl kept putting her tongue in my ear. It tickled as it does with a cotton bud, and for some reason, I really liked it.

An old man then showed up with a pile of dead animal bones which he placed on a table. He then asked me to bring him the hooves of the animal from under the table where I was sat. I was a little irritated that he asked me, but complied by breaking the hooves from the rest of the remains that were there. I brought him the hooves and he started doing a pagan ritual in the middle of this party. I started to feel a little creeped out by it all and decided to leave; so I went to everyone I knew at the party and told them I was going (including the Indian girl). Then another girl, a tall blonde persuaded me to stay and promised to buy me a drink if I waited for her as she took care of something. So I waited next door, which was another classroom and by this point, the pagan ritual has stopped and the party resumed as the DJ got back behind the decks. The other room was a lot quieter and I was one of about six people. The girl gave me a small CD wallet and told me to hold onto and that she wouldn't be long.

The blonde girl was gone for a long time, I was getting impatient and wished that I'd just left earlier instead of allowing myself to be talked into sticking around. I put her CD wallet down on a table and went into the coridoor to see if she was there. She wasn't. I returned to the room to find that someone had knocked the wallet off the table. I picked it up and stood around some more. By this point I really wanted to go home, but the dream ended before she returned.

Comment

Horizon tonight on Beeb 2 at 9 is all about dreams. Should be interesting, I'll be watching.

Comment

I haven't had a particularly funny dream for ages. The last one I can remember was about an Attenborough-style nature documentary, but instead of being narrated by David it was Peter Weller and William Shatner doing the voice-over. Their language was disgraceful.

The most frequent dream theme I have nowadays is weightlessness/ floating. It's not much fun though. It's exactly the same kind of weightlessness/ floating and my reaction to it as the scene in Lost Boys when Michael floats off his bed and out the window.

Comment

Anyone else suffer from nightmares? I do but the embarrassing thing about it is that I tend to scream when I have them, partly to wake myself up and partly because I'm genuinely terrified. I've had three in the past week or so, my flatmates and neighbours must think I'm a total mental case. They are usually much less frequent than this, like one every six months.

I don't think I'm particularly stressed or anything and I haven't been eating wierd foods before bed. There seems to be no real scientific explanation for nightmares in general. One wierd thing is that I tend to get nightmares when I'm lying on a certain side (I lie in almost a foetal position on my side normally) and this has been the case whichever bed I've slept in but it's probably just a coincidence because I normally lie on the same side.

I've been known to shout some pretty funny things when I have nightmares. When I lived with my mum my stepbrother told me I once shouted, "You're not going to kill me, I'll kill you first!" but normally I just make embarrassing girly screams.

Any tips for mightmare avoidance?

Comment

Another time travel dream: Russia, the future, battling disturbing mutants in an abandoned zoo after the atomic apocalypse.

This wasn't X-Men mutants, this was barely humanoid mutants. They were led by a blind psychic woman in a wheelchair. Also, feral bears.

My recollections are fragmentary, but one had arms like enormous crab claws embedded with broken mirrors & malformed eyes in its skull.

Strangely, they all spoke English. Or perhaps I was speaking fluent Russian. Officially the most disturbing dream of 2013 so far.

The woman spoke in riddles, telling my travel guide not to trust me. We were standing in an empty Olympic swimming pool... In Moscow zoo.

I think my mission was reconnaissance. I was researching mutated fish in the aquariums: they had achieved a hive mind and were spinning...

There was some kind of factory underground where they worked and were breeding - and the mutants were hostile. Snow and frost everywhere. I was unnamed & unable to get out.

Comment

I once dreamed that I accidently killed Superman by feeding him a kryptonite infected yorkshire pudding!

It's funny sometimes when you dream your other half has done something to upset you, and you wake up still pissed off at them even though they didn't do anything in real life

Comment

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post
                          Another time travel dream: Russia, the future, battling disturbing mutants in an abandoned zoo after the atomic apocalypse.

This wasn't X-Men mutants, this was barely humanoid mutants. They were led by a blind psychic woman in a wheelchair. Also, feral bears.

My recollections are fragmentary, but one had arms like enormous crab claws embedded with broken mirrors & malformed eyes in its skull.

Strangely, they all spoke English. Or perhaps I was speaking fluent Russian. Officially the most disturbing dream of 2013 so far.

The woman spoke in riddles, telling my travel guide not to trust me. We were standing in an empty Olympic swimming pool... In Moscow zoo.

I think my mission was reconnaissance. I was researching mutated fish in the aquariums: they had achieved a hive mind and were spinning...

There was some kind of factory underground where they worked and were breeding - and the mutants were hostile. Snow and frost everywhere. I was unnamed & unable to get out.
                          What a crazy coincidence!

All of this happened to me on the way into work last week.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                            What a crazy coincidence!

All of this happened to me on the way into work last week.
                            You work in Moscow Zoo?!

Comment

Re: Official dreams thread: share yours here!

Yeah! The only part missing was me struggling to find a parking space.

Comment

Dreamt I lived near IKEA. Crazy.

Comment

Working...
                                X