No announcement yet.

Snow?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

been snowing today up in the moors, no surprises there. my skylight windows are covered so maybe I won't get woken up in the morning

Comment

Nothing here in Glasgow yet.

I miss snow, not had a proper good long snowfall for years.

Comment

Had a couple of inches in South Bradford. Hopefully it'll triple over night and i won't go in to work.

Comment

[QUOTE=Adam Stone;1487056]*pops head out of window...*

*shivers from the cold*

Bloody hell... When did that happen?!

QUOTE]
          About 20 mins after your last comment
          (prays Adam says nothing about floods or power outs)

Comment

I've not been out to measure it yet but there's about 6 inches out there I think. I've literally never seen so much in Brighton in the 11 years I've lived here.

Not looking forward to the drive to work now.

Comment

Same here, North London. About 6 inches too. And the snow's that thick too......boom boom.

Comment

Severe delays and disruptions ahoy if you're using public transport to get to work.

Comment

It's about 7-10inches here I live about 10 miles north of Brighton. Going to have to call work to say I can't get in. I have to travel about 25 miles by train and change a couple of times. National Rail is being hammered and news reports are saying train services are being cancelled left right and center, that gatwick airport is basically closed.

Even if I could get there, if there's any more snow during the day I'll be stranded

Comment

Let's all build a snowman or two outside

Comment

So yeah, snow eh? I wake up to check how the London Underground is doing (around 5:45am) and signs are the lines I use to get into work are ok. I get ready, leave the house, traverse the immense snow, get to the station and am told the lines I use to get into work are now part closed.....the parts I use to get into work!

Well I walk back home again, at this point now looking like some sort of snowman. I did however take some photos though, couldn't resist!

Comment

I have to brave the trip to Heathrow in a minute - got a flight to Seattle later in the day. Flights not cancelled but I'm expecting a "fun" day!

Comment

There are very few times when I appreciate texts from my boss, but when one says "Stay at home today! Will call later" it falls into the 'appreciated' category quite nicely.

All London buses are out of service, and nearly all tube lines are facing some kind of closure. You'd have thought we had razorhail overnight, not snow.

Comment

It's a winter wonderland here in Cambridge this morning.

Comment

Not anymore Ish, both runways are now closed.

I wish I didn't walk to work! Hopefully the heating will break or something.

Comment

About 8 inches here in Romford (no puns needed), really heavy snow, for no work for me by the looks of it

Comment

Working...
                                X