Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NemesiS View Post
    I'll swap places with you. Mine was ?420 for a service

Incidentally, I used to have one of those Raymond Weils with the same colour face as well. You would be better off taking it to a private watchmaker and getting it serviced tbh

Also i do quite like the Rado Sintra watches. Quite cheap and very elegant chronograph dress watches. That black ceramic looks fantastic
    Well it seems along with yourself, Fullspec also pays big money for servicing. I supposed when you own 'high end' watches such as yourselves, the cost of repair/servicing is in line with the originally buying price. Makes me feel slightly better in knowing my servicing will cost less, but there again it ain't no Seamaster!!

My Rado is black ceramic, tho' I can't remember what model it is. Have only worn it twice in 4 years! I'm not sure about Rado making any cheap watches, or perhaps when you are buying Omega's, quite a lot of watches are cheap by comparison!

Comment

This is the best watch I've ever seen and I wish I could afford $70. If you get me in the secret Santa this year and happen to be a lottery millionaire, you know what to do

View all results for . Search our huge selection of new and used video games at fantastic prices at GameStop.

Comment

Oh my god, those are the BOMB.

Comment

That's an awesome watch! Seeing the link made me look at the others they have - some nice stuff there!

However I noticed This one and have to say I got one IDENTICAL to it (not that brand) when I was in Japan for £20 (if that) - not the whopping $119 they want for it! Madness!

Comment

Thread, rise from the grave!

Fancied a watch that can take a bit of rough and tumble, which led me to this ...

Comment

I'm alternating between

and

The 007 Baron Samedi one glows in the dark which is awesome-o

Comment

Awwww maaaan, I've wanted the Baron Samedi watch for ages. Where did you pick it up?

Comment

Got it as a gift a couple of years back, love it. The straps are rubber so they don't peel like the other swatch straps

Comment

I'm not a big watch wearer and only have two. Both are wind up ones as I don't like mucking about with batteries. One is a well worn 60s Omega Seamaster and the other is a Poljot one which has the minutes on the outside and the hours on the inside.

I'd love a Poljot SS-20 which I had the chance to buy years ago but didn't.
                    Last edited by vanpeebles; 03-10-2011, 19:23.

Comment

Never heard of them before, but now you've made me really want a Poljot SS-20 as well!

Currently have a Seiko Chronograph Caliber 7T92. It's the second one I've owned - only cost ?70 and haven't ever had any issues with it.

Last edited by Marmotta; 03-10-2011, 20:16.

Comment

The SS-18 is nice too, that came first.

Comment

I'm wearing a ?20 Sekonda. The thing is with watches is a crappy ?5 watch tells the time just as good as a ?1000 Rolex. Buy an expensive car, it drives better. Buy an expensive h-fi, it gets you closer to the performance, reveals more sound . Buy an expensive TV, it provides a better picture. Buy an expensive bed, it's more comfortable to sleep on. But watches... does anybody care if their watch is a few seconds out compared to the earth's rotation, or a minute or two out every twelve months?
                          Last edited by Charlie; 03-10-2011, 21:59.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
                            I'm wearing a ?20 Sekonda. The thing is with watches is a crappy ?5 watch tells the time just as good as a ?1000 Rolex. Buy an expensive car, it drives better. Buy an expensive h-fi, it gets you closer to the performance, reveals more sound . Buy an expensive TV, it provides a better picture. Buy an expensive bed, it's more comfortable to sleep on. But watches... does anybody care if their watch is a few seconds out compared to the earth's rotation, or a minute or two out every twelve months?
                            The quality of your watch is directly proportional to the amount of women that want to sleep with you

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                              I'm not a big watch wearer and only have two. Both are wind up ones as I don't like mucking about with batteries. One is a well worn 60s Omega Seamaster and the other is a Poljot one which has the minutes on the outside and the hours on the inside.

I'd love a Poljot SS-20 which I had the chance to buy years ago but didn't.
                              They look like something you'd find and the bottom of a dead relatives chest of drawers

Comment

Hmph!

Comment

Working...
                                X