No announcement yet.

Watches:What are you wearing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice piece Dave. I stay away from auto movements with Omega's myself, but nice all the same.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Turns out "movement broken" meant "one of the pixels on the digital display is a bit faded"....

Comment

My Lunatik Casing arrived today

Comment

Never understood the fancy watch thing. I've had a ?25 Sekonda for almost twenty years and it still tells the time okay.

Expensive cars, expensive TVs, expensive hi-fi systems, there's a logic to those and other expensive goods as they provide a superior drive, picture, sound, etc.; but a ?10 timepiece tells the time just as well as a ?5000 timepiece; sure, the expensive watch is probably more accurate, but a few seconds each year isn't a big deal. My brother spent thousands on an Omega and when I asked him why he spent so much money on a f*cking watch he said it was a status thing which, though an honest answer, didn't stop it from being retarded. It's a machine for telling the time, whether it tells the time in a pretty gold frame studded with diamonds, or tells the time in a plastic frame, it's telling you the same f*cking time. Like putting a painting in a ?5 plywood frame or in a gilded antique frame, it's the same picture.

Comment

I'd be in the 'don't understand fancy watch club too'. I've not worn a watch since I was 11. I find them very uncomfortable as I'm a drummer and the extra stuff around my wrists affects my playing. Also I can't get one to sit comfortable, it's either to tight or to lose and sliding up and down my arm.
            My watch is my Internet accurate phone lol

Comment

It's a type of jewellery for men. There's no real purpose to diamond earrings or pearl necklaces (AYYYYY OHHHHH) on women either. It's just self-decoration.

At least it's more functional than a tattoo or a nose ring.

Comment

Octopussy was on again the other day:

Comment

Thinking of upgrading my Casio F91W to a G-Shock. Love me some digital watch action. Can anyone recommend a decent retailer for G-Shocks?

Comment

Grapple Convoy modelling his Casio F91W

[hide][/hide]

Comment

I with charlie as I've never thought of getting a flash watch, as most of them just look vulgar imo. Those giant Diesel watches that were advertised over xmas just look terrible!!

Comment

I'm trying to find a nice ana-digi watch that combines the best of both worlds.

I really like the Nixon Insider but I can only find US sellers and I'd start wearing my Fossil one if I could get a replacement strap.

I quite like those Casio Edifice watches too, but, as with most watches, I find they normally fall into the categories of either too noisy or the blandest thing on the menu.

Fossil:

Nixon Insider:

Noisy watch:

Bland watch:
                        Last edited by QualityChimp; 26-02-2013, 14:37.

Comment

I'm currently wearing a 1969 Omega Chronostop drivers watch, basically the watch face was designed to sit on the underside of the wrist with the deployment clasp on the top, kind of like an I.D bracelet.

It was my Grandad's so I sent it away to Omega to get refurbished and I managed to source an original red Leather strap so for all intents and purposes its a new watch.

I cant tell you how pleased I am with how it looks!

Comment

Really nice^^

As for the rest of you, stop trash talking nice watches! Your upsetting me.

Comment

Sporting my Nike GPS running watch which has a nifty built in USB plug that doubles as the buckle for uploading data to their website.

It's a bit of a marmite watch in terms of functionality; some love it (I do) because of the user friendly and accessible nature of it and some hate it because it lacks some of the deeper metrics that Garmins etc can provide.

It takes some cues from G-Shock with its chunkiness.

Comment

Originally posted by mr_fantazmo View Post
                                I'm currently wearing a 1969 Omega Chronostop drivers watch, basically the watch face was designed to sit on the underside of the wrist with the deployment clasp on the top, kind of like an I.D bracelet.

It was my Grandad's so I sent it away to Omega to get refurbished and I managed to source an original red Leather strap so for all intents and purposes its a new watch.

I cant tell you how pleased I am with how it looks!

Stunning watch! congrats

Comment

Working...
                                X