Watches:What are you wearing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a sculpture using watch parts by artist Sue Beatrice:
    Using the smallest components from repurposed antique pocket watches and other time pieces, New-Jersey based artist Sue Beatrice of All Natural Arts assembles curious sculptures of animals and human figures. Given the nature of watch movements I can’t help but want to see each one of these things spring to life. See much more here. (via my modern met) More

They're incredible, aren't they? How talented and imaginative!

Comment

A bugger to tell the time on though!
      Incredible work

Comment

Watch back! Breitling say they've fixed it. Time will tell (excuse the pun). This has been in and out of various service centres since November 2012:

Comment

Meet Ritot - the first projection watch!

It’s been a long time since the mankind has stopped peering into the sky at the sun to calculate the time. Clocks were invented for this purpose. The first clock was created thousands of years ago. There were various types of clock, including sundial, clepsydra, hourglass and others.
          Since then, the evolution of clock has continued and brought to us the first wristwatch. Every year there emerge dozens of new models of wirstwatches, but the operating principle has not changed.
          We live in a new progressive millennium; everything around us progresses and develops. In our opinion, clock design should be both technically innovative and fashionable. Watches demonstrating that humanity does not stand still. These are the watches we bring into life.
          On the Internet there were talks about a new generation of watches; however, they were just mere talks and nothing specific. Here we offer you the opportunity to see them, hold them and become a piece of history by wearing them; be the one that boosts the tech world evolution. We are talking about the generation of wristwatches, which project the dial onto your wrist.

Comment

$120 for 1 which is cut price. . . . .I think I'll pass. fitness tracker sounds promising but it would literally need to be as bright as the picture shows in order for it to really wow people. . . . . Maybe at night time?

Comment

Recommend me a watch please?
              Looking for some ideas, don't really wanna spend over ?250.
              I quite like some of the eco drive ones but the cheap ones look a bit naff.

Comment

For ?250 I would buy the Mondaine ultra slim.

Comment

Why not go digital and change the face when you like

Did you get a G Watch R or Moto 360 and promptly give it a watch face that simulates a mechanical timepiece? Don't count on doing that again. TorrentFreak understands that watchmakers like Omega, Panerai, Swatch and Tissot are sending takedown requests to sites hosting smartwatch faces that allegedly violate "trademark, copyright and design rights." The companies aren't speaking on the record, but this is more about legal obligation than attempting to protect sales -- if they don't crack down on bootleg digital faces, they'll have a harder time taking action against real-world counterfeits.

Comment

Heheh, cool. Also linked from that page, a ?2.6m watch: http://www.ablogtowatch.com/patek-ph...d-anniversary/ When you actually read about what it can do and look at the picture of the internals, it's pretty clear why it's so much

Comment

Some sub-?100 options here:
                      wristwatch   Should the colour of the dial match that of his luxury yacht, for example, you can be fairly sure he’s a man with expensive taste. J...

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                        When you actually read about what it can do and look at the picture of the internals, it's pretty clear why it's so much
                        Errr. it is $2.6mil and not even waterproof

Comment

Yeah, but it's a mechanical computer

Comment

Got my eye on this one but need to see it in the flesh first before buying.
                            Smouty, that's a nice watch but I reckon I'd break it in a strong wind!

Comment

Lucy got me an awesome new Wave Ceptor watch. It gets time from the ether / radio / magic time wizards, so no setup needed. It has a digital alarm and stopwatch etc. but doesn't need batteries (small wizards residing inside??) and is waterproof.

Comment

Nice watch Charles, I had a Casio solar a few years ago and loved it. Only problem is mine did have a battery inside which kept being topped up by the solar.
                                The was a small strength meter showing the charge rate etc.

Mine eventually died as the battery gave up and the solar cell then couldn't charge it. It needed a service from Casio to replace the battery.

Are you sure yours doesn't have a battery at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X