No announcement yet.

The NFL Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I'm in freezing Washington now ready for the Redskins Bills game tomorrow

Going to be a strange game I think following Sean Taylor's death this week.
    Still I'm looking forward to the whole experience...will be at the tailgate parties before, the Extremeskins forums are holding a special memorial Tailgate for him which will be nice to see & experience.

Just hope we do him proud & win it.

We are coming off of three straight losses & after the showing we had last week against the Buc's I'm not suprised if the rejuvinated Bill's dont put up a good fight.

Still it's not about the winning this week it's all about being there

Neil

Comment

Yeah its a right shame about Taylor, so sad. You really just want his team to go out and give it their all now tomorrow night and would be great for them and his family to get a win just to keep spirits high.

And Gareth, aren't the Cowboys 11-1, not 12-1!?

Comment

Yes, sorry, got a bit ahead of myself there!

Comment

Well here we go! Its the Patriots against the Giants in the 17th week with the Pats going for a record 16-0!

Gonna be a pure demolition of the Giants I think. A few other records up for grabs too I think of overall TD's in a season and most TD passes for Brady too! I think they're gonna go all out for it!

Comment

Just wondering.... How has an NFL thread got more replies than any of my MLB threads?

Comment

Originally posted by Superfamifreak View Post
              Just wondering.... How has an NFL thread got more replies than any of my MLB threads?
              Because baseball is just rounders with caps.

Comment

Originally posted by MarioMark View Post
                Because baseball is just rounders with caps.
                And 'gridiron' is just full of ponces with body armour

Comment

Well the Patriots done it! Amazing! UNDEFEATED!!

And Brady got the TD record of 50 in one season. Fantastic!

Was a great game to watch too as the Giants really went for it and were over 10 points ahead of them at one point but the Patriots turned up the heat in the end!

Comment

HERE WE GOO!!!! Superbowl in like 4 hours!

Pure excited for it but its crap cause not one of my mates likes this so I'll be up all on my own watching it.

Come on the Patriots though, they'd got this far, they have to do the perfect season now!

Comment

Cool, isn't this normally on early in the morning for us?

Edit: For the first time it's on BBC 2 and at 10.50 so I'll be watching it.
                      Last edited by MarioMark; 03-02-2008, 18:48.

Comment

What time's the actual kick off? I'd like to watch a bit of it at least but I feel crap so if it's not kicking off until 12 or so I won't bother waiting!

Comment

Should be 11pm mate.

Comment

It finishes at 3am though.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossco View Post
                              HERE WE GOO!!!! Superbowl in like 4 hours!

Pure excited for it but its crap cause not one of my mates likes this so I'll be up all on my own watching it.

Come on the Patriots though, they'd got this far, they have to do the perfect season now!
                              Isn't it the first possible perfect season since Miami Dolphins some long time ago?

Im definetely going to be watching tonight, got some money on Wesley Welker to get over 7.5 receptions, hopefully it pays off.

Comment

Correct. But theres was only 17 games, Patriots will be 19 since it's a bigger league with more teams now so more games are played! So technically they've already broke the record of winning games but not a 'perfect season' as such, YET!

I'm gonna stick a few wee bets on this now actually, totally forgot to!

Comment

Working...
                                X