Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cacophanus
    Originally posted by Papercut
    I was a fan of The Welly (had a Galaga 88 machine), The Blue Lamp (which ended up closed), The Adelphi (saw some quality bands there), Spiders, Mainbrace (before it became a Firkin, had Prop Cycle afterwards tho), Howarth (before it tried to become a Scream pub), Gardners Arms, The Piper Club (when it was a working mens club before it became the worst student pub in Britain), Chesters (had Pac Man and Puzzle Bobble) and St John's.
    There were very few individual pubs in my day, all chains. The Union was good though, they even got an original Virtual On machine for me!
    boo, was that Hull union? When I was there all they had was 2 player Ridge Racer, Terminator 2 (light gun thing) and some naff footy game. oh yeah, and SCI downstairs before they rebuilt the ground floor to create a single large bar (preferred it as it was).

think they may have had Cyber Sled when I very first got there too, but it went soon after.

forgot to mention that Chesters had a multi Neo Geo setup, and also ran Metal Slug just after it was released.

I remember the day Galaga 88 at the Welly died with great sadness.

re: pan galactic gargle blasters, green mosters were the real killers at Spiders. ?3.50 or something like that containing 4 or 5 shots topped up with cider. two of those on top of what had gone before and I was puking rainbows into the early hours.

Comment

Bluuueeeee moooooooooon

John alford? ;p

Come on now am i the only one that see's it? : ;p

Burai! Get in there son ;p

Spacecowboy CHARLIE NICHOLAS HAS LEFT CELTIC YOU CAN HAVE A SHAVE AND GET A DECENT HAIRCUT
      Heh gtf ;p I can't grow ma hair it all grows evenly outward (not down or up just out) like an afro ;p As for shaving meh effort ?_?

btw stu

<Fire-> someone reseed we7 on suprnova ;-)
      <camps-sang> lol
      <camps-sang> i got it off ntl newserver
      <camps-sang> 120kbs

LMFAO!

And so then ;p

LMFAO BREEZER LMFAO

POOF! ;p

Comment

was waiting for u space!

still, i was half expecting a stinky hoops top imposed on meh

Comment

Pfff. I'm exponentially more beautiful than Freddo.

hmmm....

Comment

boo, was that Hull union? When I was there all they had was 2 player Ridge Racer, Terminator 2 (light gun thing) and some naff footy game. oh yeah, and SCI downstairs before they rebuilt the ground floor to create a single large bar (preferred it as it was).
            I was mates with the Ents secretary, and he got the machine in the Resnikov (mainly because, at the time, my society was kicking major ass). Surprisingly quite a few people played the game, but nobody ever beat me at it

think they may have had Cyber Sled when I very first got there too, but it went soon after.
            CyberSled was a pants Namco rip-off of Virtual On, as per usual they also got the idea very very wrong [sigh]

re: pan galactic gargle blasters, green mosters were the real killers at Spiders. ?3.50 or something like that containing 4 or 5 shots topped up with cider. two of those on top of what had gone before and I was puking rainbows into the early hours.
            Ah yes, superb stuff. I have many a fond memory of bending over and chundering forth in the near vicinity of Spiders. Then, naturally, taking a txi home and finding a takeaway (to consequently eat my bodyweight in burgers and chips).

Comment

Originally posted by Cacophanus
              CyberSled was a pants Namco rip-off of Virtual On, as per usual they also got the idea very very wrong [sigh]
              I rather liked Cyber Sled. It works very well as a 3D version of vcs combat.

It pre-dated Virtual On by two to three years, I've always thought of Virtual On as a good Cyber Sled rip-off

Comment

I rather liked Cyber Sled. It works very well as a 3D version of vcs combat.
                It's a generic tank game, if a little fun. Virtual On, however, utilised a unique set of relative fixed vector attacks. Genius.

It pre-dated Virtual On by two to three years, I've always thought of Virtual On as a good Cyber Sled rip-off

http://www.system16.com/sega/hrdw_model2b.html#vo
                Well, Virtual On was released in 1995 (not 1996) but I was pretty sure that CyberSled was released in the same year. Obviously in the alternate universe where I rule as king the above may hold true.

Comment

yes i finally got round to doing it and yes i was drunk here

Comment

Originally posted by Supergoal
                    here is a pic of yours amazingly and the mrs

Click

Taken with my mobile phone
                    Its Spencer from Big Brother

Comment

Who's spencer?...Never seen Big brother thats why!!

Comment

*edit*

Comment

A quick google image search brought up this.

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

Complete spit i hear you say!

Comment

lol...is that a joke

Comment

Originally posted by wicky
                              yes i finally got round to doing it and yes i was drunk here

Sonia !

Comment

bwahahaha Sonia!

Comment

Working...
                                X