No announcement yet.

PlayTrade - Play.com's version of Amazon Marketplace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GRR! My love affair is ending.. I got TWO pieces of negative feedback, one from a woman who can't save her game in Advance Wars 2 (genuine cart as well), never thought to e-mail me about it, idiot. Another from a guy who bought Counter Strike and said it wouldn't work; not my problem it doesn't work on his computer of course, but he ACTUALLY meant it didn't work because it was already registered on Steam, had he mentioned that first I would have straight-up refunded him, but he leaves negative anyway. What a pair of plums.
    Originally posted by funkydan View Post
    Wow - what will you do with it all?
    Hookers and blow.

Comment

I got my first bit of feedback today and it was a rave review - 100%. I should get another soon (only sold 2 things so far, but then again I've only put 2 things up for sale so far, so I wasn't expecting more! ). I just added something else for sale today - I lives in the fast lane me!!

Comment

Now for the first downside to my playtrade experience...

Received a copy of 360 NHL2K7 today and its a reseal (sold as new) of a poor condition game (scratches on box, pen on manual, disc is scratched to bits).

Now, what idiot decides to do this? At least make sure the game is in mint condition! It makes me so angry - hope I can get him booted off Play.

Just fired him an email threatening him with action and that I want my money back PLUS postage to deliver back to him. What an idiot.

Oh, and dont buy anything from a guy calling himself ThePunisher.

Comment

Originally posted by IanE View Post
          GRR! My love affair is ending.. I got TWO pieces of negative feedback, one from a woman who can't save her game in Advance Wars 2 (genuine cart as well), never thought to e-mail me about it, idiot. Another from a guy who bought Counter Strike and said it wouldn't work; not my problem it doesn't work on his computer of course, but he ACTUALLY meant it didn't work because it was already registered on Steam, had he mentioned that first I would have straight-up refunded him, but he leaves negative anyway. What a pair of plums.

Hookers and blow.
          I wouldn't worry. You should check out negs from guys who sell region 1 dvds. They are practically ALL from people saying 'won't work on any of my players' etc.

Comment

The woman has somehow removed her feedback after I sent her an e-mail yesterday explaining my absolute confusion, and the guy wants to remove his, so my 100% record (22 positives so far!) should be in tact soon, hopefully!

cutmymilk - just explain that you know what he's done, and he can refund you (and provide a goodwill payment up to £2 for postage back to him) - or you can just report him and get the money back that way it seems.

Comment

Yeah, I'll see if he gets back to me now.

There seem to be a lot of people who happily accept new games in used condition though. Guess thats why Game are still in business!

Comment

Why's that? Never had a used-condition game from GAME that was meant to be new.

Comment

I'm confused. I've just started using this this week and a couple of things have sold. It says dispatch them now but the funds don't appear in my PlayTrade account. Is this normal? Does it take a few days before you see the figures? I don't know whether I should wait before I post them.

Comment

You need to log in & click on the bit that says you've dispatched the item (in the "sales" section). Then the money will get transferred to your Playtrade balance & be ready to withdraw.

Until you do that you wont get paid.
                    Last edited by andy; 23-01-2008, 22:56.

Comment

Originally posted by MarioMark View Post
                      I'm confused. I've just started using this this week and a couple of things have sold. It says dispatch them now but the funds don't appear in my PlayTrade account. Is this normal? Does it take a few days before you see the figures? I don't know whether I should wait before I post them.
                      You dispatch them as soon as it comes up with the green button. If you click the numbers above/next to the button, it'll give you their address. When an item has SOLD next to it, the money is secure and you needn't worry anymore!

It then turns up in your account summary, and takes 21 days to be able to access the funds (only have to do this once, so long as you don't change your bank details).

Comment

Cheers guys, you're legends!

Comment

Grr, a neutral feedback now because there's an R1 button missing on a PS2 pad (sold a PStwo), didn't think it was missing it to start with. Why didn't she just e-mail me about it? Could have sorted it straight away.

Comment

Originally posted by IanE View Post
                            Why's that? Never had a used-condition game from GAME that was meant to be new.
                            I've had a few, one was so damaged it wouldn't even load. GameStation near me are far worse for that though, I generally prefer to buy from Supermarkets and online simply because that way I get them sealed so know they won't have been played around with already/.

Had quite a few sales on the PlayTrade thing now, infact just got back from post office to post a game to someone. Really nice easy service, the commission is quite steep mind when you've gotta take postage out of the sale price too.

Just sold Motorstorm for ?18, they've taken ?2.30 in commission, then paid 70p at post office to post it knockin me down to ?15, but thats still not too bad. A lot less hassle than ebay, just wish someone would leave me some feedback.

Comment

On one of my sales the person hasn't put their correct address down, the postcode looked dodgy so I checked it up on Royal Mail site and it said the address wasn't on their system. I've emailed the buyer to confirm the address but he hasn't got back to me yet. This just causes delay in me sending it and I bet he'll give me bad feedback now for being slow.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeRox View Post
                                I've had a few, one was so damaged it wouldn't even load. GameStation near me are far worse for that though, I generally prefer to buy from Supermarkets and online simply because that way I get them sealed so know they won't have been played around with already/.

Just sold Motorstorm for ?18, they've taken ?2.30 in commission, then paid 70p at post office to post it knockin me down to ?15, but thats still not too bad. A lot less hassle than ebay, just wish someone would leave me some feedback.
                                Ah, strange, but then I tend to be fussy and only get new (sealed) games anyway, heh.

Ah, I did the ?19.99 a month thing so it doesn't seem so steep to me, you just have to factor in postage costs really and add that to your price. You don't have to pay listing fees though, nor do you have any risk of being scammed which is lovely. Feedback does seem few and far between, but I already have about 45 bits, one being neutral (yet it takes off your percentage!), from 242 sales (posted).

CURRENT BALANCE
                                ?2282.41

Comment

Working...
                                X