This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EDDIE M0NS00N View Post

And my opinion on them being sheep still stands.
    That's fair enough. I wasn't trying to change it.

Comment

Originally posted by EDDIE M0NS00N
      I think that it was very adult for a boy of 12 to be thinking that there are people who are risking they're lives & getting killed yet dont seem to get anywhere near as much recognition as someone who just threw their life away. DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW WHAT HE WAS SAYING?
      Kernow gets banned and you don't, there's a turn up. I understand perfectly what he was saying, I also think a) that Yorath's Mullet was right, and he was probably repeating something one of his parents or another adult had said in order to appear more 'grown up' and b) that the idea that it's ridiculous to report on the deaths of people who have not given their lives in military service is obvious nonsense.

Should celebrity suicides (which this is not even a direct case of) not be reported on at all? Of course not. Should they be relegated to very limited media exposure because they 'threw their lives away'? Of course not. That's not how the news works.

Originally posted by EDDIE M0NS00N
      And my opinion on them being sheep still stands
      Maybe true, but dying spectacularly is almost always great for a music career. Simply being put back in the public consciousness in such a big way is enough to remind people about you and move a ton of records.
      Last edited by wakka; 26-07-2011, 15:32.

Comment

How long before her family release another documentary or book about her life? I say within 3 months, just in time for Xmas.

Comment

It's an evocative subject, and for the most part I've been enjoying the varied points of view in this thread.

Just so you are aware the mod team have their beady eyes on this thread and if it descends into insults it will just get locked.

Comment

That 12 year old boy has restored a little bit of faith in me about the rest of the world. If someone so young can be a free thinker like that in this crazy land of media hype then I think he will go far in life.

Comment

I'm with Yorath and Randicoot - this kid is probably quoting a parent/elder sibling, very few 12 year olds would say something like that unprompted.

Comment

I always base my opinions on those of twelve year old boys, which is why I don't go near girls because they smell and the only thing I watch on television is Ben 10.

I don't understand why this conversation is even happening, I don't understand what's wrong with some of the people in this thread. There's just so much arrogance. Just because you don't care about Amy Winehouse doesn't make you better than everyone else and that's absolutely how you're portraying yourself. If you truly believe that, then that's an utterly horrible attitude. If someone wants to remember her music or be upset about the loss then that's their business and theirs alone. It's not up to you to decide that they're a worse person than you just because of where their priorities lie.

Fact is, they're better people than you can even hope to be, because they've got the decency to not judge people about something so minor as this. Get on with your own lives.

Comment

That post applies equally to itself.

Comment

Originally posted by averybluemonkey View Post
                    That post applies equally to itself.
                    It's much easier to say that than address the points within, of course. I almost wish Betfair offered odds on the likelihood of that response, so inevitable was it.

You're wrong, of course, and yet somehow I don't feel the need to defend myself.

Comment

So essentially, you are judging people for being judgemental?

Do you see the issue with this at all?

Comment

Originally posted by Jusatsushi View Post
                        So essentially, you are judging people for being judgemental?

Do you see the issue with this at all?
                        If I'm judging anyone, I'm judging people that have put themselves out there to be judged via their actions, rather than people that are just minding their own business and living their lives.

Or, we could just look at the actual content of my post instead of trying to change the focus away to try and ignore the fact that I'm right.

Comment

And do you not feel that Amy Winehouse put herself out there to be judged by performing in front of TV cameras with her face blown off on smack and booze?

Thing is, you are thriving on this. If you practiced what you preach, you'd pop into this thread, maybe sigh at the lack of humanity and do a little facepalm, then leave all the oiks whom are CLEARLY BENEATH YOU to judge away. But you get involved.

Because you love it.

Because you are just as judgemental and opinionated as everyone else. And clearly on a very tall horse that struggles at seeing wood for trees.

Comment

TTK, the content of your post says it's not up to people to decide who is worse while also saying there is something "wrong" with the people in this thread. While also declaring who is better than the posters. That is the ACTUAL content of your post.

Comment

*whistles*

Devon Loch is imminent.

I'm gonna eat my Chinese and see where we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Jusatsushi View Post
                                And do you not feel that Amy Winehouse put herself out there to be judged by performing in front of TV cameras with her face blown off on smack and booze?
                                For the last however many pages, people haven't been judging Amy Winehouse. They've been judging the people that have the sheer nerve to dare to be upset at her passing. That's what I have an issue with. Just this attitude that because of her lifestyle her life was worth less than other peoples and so anyone that feels something about her death is automatically a **** person that doesn't care about soldiers or the kids in Norway, as if somehow the two have anything at all to do with each other.

A life is a life, regardless of how its lived. Do I lose any sleep over a murderer dying? No. Do people have a right to mourn them if they want? Yes, because it's none of my business.

Maybe I'll just call everyone a **** and this thread will get locked and the forum will be a better place for it. Clearly it can't cope with this sort of discussion.

Comment

Working...
                                X