X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good stuff

Is this the earliest finish in years?

Comment

I can't remember it finishing this early in a while.

Nice to see Higgins win. He is a lovely man (obv going by interviews, I don't know him) he has dedicated so much of his life to this game and its nice to see him breaking records and reaping rewards. Well Done John.

I'm pretty sure that both players will get to the final again, especially Murphy..perhaps not at the same time!

Oh well..the end. Its been absolutely stunning.

Comment

Great semi in the Grand Prix between Higgins and Robertson yesterday. Can't believe the commentators talking like it was all over when it went to 5-3 Robertson, how many times do we see deciding frames these days? Surprised Higgins didn't actually make him pot the last ball, it still could have gone wrong (though unlikely).

I like Ding too so looking forward to the final today.

Comment

That was some match...not a lot of us talking about snooker lately as a championship has passed before this one. Rocket came back from 8-2 down agains Higgins only to lose the decider..he made it 8-8. I am drained.

Final Tomorrow. Ding V Higgins.

Comment

Its been the Masters this week. Missed one match so I am feeling involved, as usual.

Great matches all week with the semi between Williams (who I like a lot) and Ronnie, Rocket won 6-5 after trailing 5-4. Very very high standard and it was a great match to watch.

The final is Selby v O Sullivan.

First session was 5-3 to the Rocket which resumes at 8. (best of 19)

Selby could of made it 4-4. That and 5-3, a fair reflection which was pretty high standard after the first frame.

Can't wait until 8.

Comment

Selby Won 10-9! Went all the way. Rocket was 9-7 in front and amazingly lost the 3 remaining frames. He did have a chance before that and over stretched on a yellow and missed.

He did seem rather unhappy that he lost. I guess that's only right? anyone got any views on his talk with Parrot?

Well done Mark Selby.

Comment

He did seem a bit short in the final interview, but there seems to be an expectation for the loser to react a certain way (humble and gentlemanly?) which you can never predict with roonnie, i think he was really annoyed with himself for the green he went for to be honest, it was way off the mark and i think he could have had it had he played a good safety at that point.

Wasa cracking game though, had me on the edge of my seat the last 3 frames.

Comment

Steve Davis knocks John Higgins out of the World Championship. Amazing scenes!

Ha ha, there has also just been an hilarious live TV invasion by Fathers for Justice. Brilliant!
                  Last edited by NW2013; 24-04-2010, 13:27.

Comment

Great story about Ronnie's 147 today, suppose when you have his genius you can be a super cocky git and get away with it

Comment

Pretty sure I'm not the only one watching this...

Hope you're enjoying it as much as me..

(The event before this was the China Open, was live on Eurosports. Judd Trump won..)

Highlight of the 1st round was the Hendry v Perry match, Hendry...Legend!

Comment

I keep missing the good matches cause the Freeview red button coverage is really patchy for some reason. Sure they used to have two different live streams on there, now there's only one and it keeps being turned off to do interactive tie-ins for other shows.

I guess I could always stream it online.

Comment

Was that a one off? I've had no problems with 2 tables via the red button.

Comment

Why hasn't the snooker been in HD?

Great stuff in the Ding V Trump match yesterday, brilliant. I'd like either of them to win. Of course, Higgins and Williams are excellent too. I don't think I've ever liked all of the potential finalists before.

Comment

Agreed....Trump won a couple of hours ago in a very memorable semi.

The BBC have shown and spoke about Judd Trump for many years now, Im on about when he was a very young child,
                              I'm sure many of you have known this. Perhaps at a time when potential didn't seem as great.

Was it spoke about in this thread (sure it was) when he was in a WR event a few years back and his shirt was literally
                              4 sizes too large.

Hes came of age, would love to see him win now. As good as he is and has been, far too many good match players
                              for any one player to dominate now, thats not to descredit what Davis and Hendry (In my time) have acheived.
                              That for the record is amazing, and will always be.

Can wait for Higgins and Williams to resume.

Then its the final, and the beautiful conclusion on May Day.

Really love snooker. That was a brilliant semi.

I really do want Trump to win tho. (Big fan of Williams and Respect for Higgins also)
                              Last edited by ShadowDancer; 30-04-2011, 17:32.

Comment

Was a good match and feel sorry for Ding because he played brilliantly and it really could have gone either way. I think Williams or Higgins will beat Trump though, mainly through experience.

Comment

Working...
                                X