No announcement yet.

The Snooker thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahhh man..if my xbox wasn't broke (now gone! just, last week) we could of hooked up for a game!

I'm in my 30's so i remember the great cliff, aswell as Bill and Kirk Stevens. I even remember match-play doubles with Tony Meo and Davis.

Comment

I've just been reminded that I'm crap at the game - no breaks out of the twenties.

Would be great to see Steve Davis do well this year. I think I'll check out the odds on him - if they're long enough I might have a flutter.

Comment

Robertson was not much troubled against Bond. 10-4. Hendry starts his campaign at 2.30. And the Ebdon and Carter matches are both pretty interesting.

Comment

Hendry and Allen match is very interesting. Some pots by Allen are leaving me in awe. 5-2 to Allen..but Hendry looks on to take the eight. Really good match this one.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowDancer View Post
            Even as an English man, i like Hendry, i don't think he is capable tho anymore.
            Interesting, because even though I'm Scottish I can't stand Hendry, but I'm a big fan of O'Sullivan. I don't really care where someone is born, it doesn't come into the equation for who I support, I find Hendry to be the most boring, expressionless, robotic player; I enjoy watching snooker, but he just puts me to sleep.

Comment

Hehe..I'm a fan of Hendry because of what he has achieved. Plus he was on gamesmaster many years ago and was into games.

Carter has literally just beat Hawkins..was a magnificent match..went to 9-9 and Carter won the decider which could of gone to Hawkins had he not put to much pace on an red to clinch it...bitter pill to swallow as Taylor said.

On the other table is 8-7 against Cope and Cope is on to make it 8-8.

Exciting stuff today

Comment

Hendry and Allen tied at 6-6 which is a craking match.

Comment

Allen now one frame away, he leads 9-7 which has been a cracking match.
                  On the other table, Selby and King are tied at 2-2.

Comment

Originally posted by Stroppy View Post
                    It always surprises me that snooker watchers like seeing century breaks. For me a gritty, nerve-wracking battle of safety shots and snookers is far more exciting.
                    This. But within reason. It's nicest when it's mixed up a bit! The Dott Ebdon final of a few years back, my God, I do hope there's never another match like that ever. 317 hours it took them.

Originally posted by ShadowDancer View Post
                    Allen now one frame away, he leads 9-7 which has been a cracking match.
                    Final frame, Allen may have missed a golden opportunity

Comment

Just won £6 betting on Hendry to take the last frame - experience always seems to prevail in these tight matches.

Comment

Yes..and Hendry has always been known to produce when his back is against the wall. Cracking match.

Davis..(Steve) once my hero is the most boring snooker player to watch..I got the Williams match on. Davis was 6-3 down about 20 minutes ago.

Williams is looking good at the moment.

Nice one on your little winner.

Comment

I hope Davis pulls this game out of the bag - the bloke is a legend and is a far better player IMO. He also reminds me of my dad!

Comment

He is a Legend..I've met him twice and he is a gentleman. He was my hero as a kid and throughout my twenties too. But he is boring to watch these days :/

Comment

Davis bowed out 10-8 and he made a comeback from 8-3 down to 8-8. Although i made comments about him being boring to watch, I'd of sooner seen him progress.

Williams who was looking good is storming. 8-1. He was looking good when i watched the earlier frames.

Didn't follow too much of the Selby-King match..but i think Selby has a one frame advantage. 5-4.

Rocket on Wednesday..will be counting the hours down tomorrow..
                              Last edited by ShadowDancer; 21-04-2008, 22:38. Reason: too*

Comment

Kings taken the first 4 frames against Selby..hes now 8-4 in front. I think Ding is 3-1 up over Fu..but haven't watched any of that..

Comment

Working...
                                X