What's Quake?
    Something brown I think.

Comment

How can I work out the average MPH if I ran

3 miles in 24m 24s ?

Edit found this - http://www.raincitystory.com/mph.htm

Which gives me about 7.5mph

Comment

3 miles in 24 minutes 24 seconds, works out as 24.4 minutes. So you do 3(miles) divided by 24.4(minutes) which gives you:

0.12295 (miles per minute) * 60 = 7.38 Miles per hour.

To be exact.

Comment

Ill call it 7.5

Comment

Runners generally don't think in terms of MPH, they think in terms of minute/mile pace.

So, 3 miles in 24 minutes 24 seconds is at 8 minute 8 seconds minute/mile.

It makes it easier to work out how long it'll take to run a particular distance. So, if you were going to run 10 miles at that pace it would take you 81 minutes 20 seconds. If you tried to work it out (exactly) using MPH it would be a bit trickier.

Comment

Didn't seem worth starting a thread for this, but I feel people should be made aware. Are you a regular user of the colour red? You should probably stop, as there could be some legal action taken against you.

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/j...mediaId=600023

Royal Mail, the Royal Mail Cruciform, the colour red and SmartStamp are all registered trademarks of Royal Mail Group plc.

Comment

Well, I'm off to the wonderful Lake District today so I shall catch you boys in a week or so.

Don't pretend like you won't miss my forum presence!!

Comment

Enjoy. Im on hols from tommorow too! (though aint going anywhere sadly)

Comment

Originally posted by recipher
                    Runners generally don't think in terms of MPH, they think in terms of minute/mile pace.

So, 3 miles in 24 minutes 24 seconds is at 8 minute 8 seconds minute/mile.

It makes it easier to work out how long it'll take to run a particular distance. So, if you were going to run 10 miles at that pace it would take you 81 minutes 20 seconds. If you tried to work it out (exactly) using MPH it would be a bit trickier.
                    To scare you, top marathon runners do the 26.3 miles in around 130 minutes, giving an average speed of just under 5 minutes per mile. Most people can't do 1 mile in under 5 minutes. My best ever is 4min36s and I was ready to die.

Comment

I'm aiming to running the Loch Ness Marathon in October in somewhere around 9 minute miles. Which will give me a sub 4 hour finish. Running one mile (for me) in 9 minutes is very easy. Running 10 in 90 minutes is not a problem. Running 26? That's a whole 'nother kettle of fish. It takes a lot of concentration (as well as a lot of training) to keep the pace up.

Wish me luck.

(As an aside, I've never run one mile flat out, but I doubt I'd get much under 6 1/2 minutes. 4m36 is pretty speedy.)

Comment

I got a brand spanking new Nokia N80 for my birthday.

The earbuds in the hands free kit are absolutely ****ing superb.

Comment

And this is just to see if i can post anything with it.

christ on a bike, this is actually a fantastic mobile browser!

Comment

happy birthday matey.

Comment

Thanks very much Mr. H!

Of course it was two days ago but there you go!

Comment

Don't know if its posted before, but heres the wedding of the year. http://www.office-humour.co.uk/fun-files/4597/

Comment

Working...
                                X