Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone here beein to or from Bridgend? Was thinking of taking a lil trip there to see what its like, anything decent i should check out by any chance?

Comment

Bridgend where? There's quite a few places in the UK with that name

Comment

oh right! my bad South wales near swansea and new port and cardiff.

Comment

Originally posted by Bleeders
          Good on yer matey!

Been a mad weekend for me. Ended up out until the wee hours of Saturday down Bas Vegas. I made the mistake of ditching beer that night and opted for various amounts of shots and Smirnoffs (lightweight y'see), got stonkingly hammered and vaguely remember seeing larger ladies bearing all on the video screens in the "Hot Tub" contest in one of the clubs we went in. The missus' bollocking me for vaulting a steel fence to cross the road instead of using the piss-smelling subway on our way home and talking crap to a bunch of drunkards by the Kebab van whilst we waited for our taxi home.

Felt like **** the next morning, eventually hauled my arse outta bed and made my way down to the nearest KFC to soak up some of the alcohol and felt immediately better, then off again down Bas Vegas in the evening for a Ruby Murray and The Black Dahlia.

The less said about yesterday, the better. My lot lost to the Arse, in a ****ty mood for the rest of the day.
          Didnt know you were an Essex lad Bleeders, the less said about Bas Vagas the better tho lol

Comment

Yeah mate, it's not that bad down there tbh... it's got a ****ty rep, but it's gotten better.

Romford seems to be the place where you get a lot of **** these days, avoid that place on a Friday night like the plague.

Comment

yeah im too poor from the rally to go out anyway, mostly go to the pink tooth brush on friday nights heh \m/

Comment

Pah.

Frinton's where the nightlife is.

Comment

Life. Sometimes it mother ****ing sucks.

Comment

Second that.

Comment

Originally posted by 112
                      oh right! my bad South wales near swansea and new port and cardiff.

What's the trip for? Just to visit the place or are you after something more exact?

My missus is from down that way so i've been to Bridgend and the places around there quite a lot over the last few years

Comment

Ah, that Bridgend

Originally posted by Roost
                        What's the trip for? Just to visit the place or are you after something more exact?
                        What Roost said.

I'm not sure what kind of thing you're in to but there's some pretty nice places if you want to get out and about. Without that info here's just some general stuff off the top of me 'ead.

Ogmore by Sea isn't that far away from Bridgend (just over the border in the Vale of Glamorgan) and very picturesque (the final scenes from the last series of Dr Who were filmed there).

Porthcawl on the coast is pretty nice too (if the weather is good). Just stay away from the utter death trap that is Coney Beach Fair. Go on the rides there and you're taking your life in your hands. And don't expect any decent arcades there either. The most up to date cab I saw the last time I was there was Bubble Bobble - the screen burn on it was horrific!

If you're in Porthcawl the end of this month I'm pretty sure there's an Elvis festival on (I kid you not). Might be good for a laugh (but obviously not if you've got a phobia of Elvis).

If you like mountain biking or trekking, check out the Llynfi or Garw valleys. Maesteg and Blaengarw (both 30 minutes away from Bridgend but seperated by mountains) have great tracks and terrain for mountain biking or walking. Some of the forest tracks in Maesteg are excellent (so much a leg of the GB Rally runs through there every year - it's on December 1st this year).

And if you want it a bit more modern there's always the McArthur Glen Designer Outlet Village just off the M4 (discounted shopping - not too bad a place but mind the valley chav's hunting for bargains).

For places to eat you'll have to tell me what kind of food you're into. There's kebab shops aplenty but if you're after something a bit more refined (ie: something not dripping in coleslaw and chilli sauce) there's probably something somewhere in the area to suit your tastes. Depends on what part of the area you're in as to where might be decent.

Comment

this is a ytmnd for ANYONE having a bad day... i think this should be in a stickied topic all of it's own at the top of the forum. (has sound)

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101
                            If you like mountain biking or trekking, check out the Llynfi or Garw valleys. Maesteg and Blaengarw (both 30 minutes away from Bridgend but seperated by mountains) have great tracks and terrain for mountain biking or walking. Some of the forest tracks in Maesteg are excellent (so much a leg of the GB Rally runs through there every year - it's on December 1st this year).
                            It's probably not even that long from Bridgend train station to Maesteg in the car, that's where the missus lives hehehe.

Maesteg is a quality little place some of the walks or bike trails you can go on around there are really nice. We always take a walk upto Llan and end up having a drink in the Old House or Corner house.

Really want to move somewhere down there once she's finished uni

Comment

Little test for you all

Passing requires only 4 correct answers....a measly 40%

1) How long did the Hundred Years War last?

2) Which country makes Panama hats?

3) From which animal do we get catgut?

4) In which month do Russians celebrate the October Revolution?

5) What is a camel's hair brush made of?

6) The Canary Islands in the Pacific is named after what animal?

7) What was King George VI's first name?

8 ) What color is a purple finch?

9) Where are Chinese gooseberries from?

10) What is the color of the black box in a commercial airplane?

All done? Check your answers below! Scroll Down

ANSWERS TO THE QUIZ

1) How long did the Hundred Years War last?

116 years

2) Which country makes Panama hats?

Ecuador

3) From which animal do we get catgut?

Sheep and Horses

4) In which month do Russians celebrate the October
                              Revolution?

November

5) What is a camel's hair brush made of?

Squirrel fur

6) The Canary Islands in the Pacific is named after what animal?

Dogs

7) What was King George VI's first name?

Albert

8 ) What color is a purple finch?

Crimson

9) W here are Chinese gooseberries from?

New Zealand

10) What is the color of the black box in a commercial
                              airplane?

Orange , of course.

What do you mean you Failed ??????

Comment

I got 1 right knew the catgut one!

Comment

Working...
                                X