Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have those, they freak me out. The best way I can describe the experience is like two trains on parallel tracks; one is the 'reality' of the current scene and the other is my 'memory' of the scene. The memory train is catching up with the reality train and for a few seconds they're side-by-side, and then the memory train's in front and it's like I'm reliving the memory for a few seconds more, but then the reality train is in front and everything goes back to normal.

For me, it'll be like opening a window and then I know a certain car's going to go by, or picking up a glass and then suddenly I know the guy on the news is about to say such and such, and it feels like a memory from a while ago, like a dream.

I believe it's my brain slowing down and taking longer to process the information, so in actual fact the guy on the news has just said his piece and then I process it and think "he's about to say...". It's also always retrospective, so I've never actually been conscious enough of it to do/say anything about it while it's happening but afterwards I'll be like "I knew that was gonna happen!"

I wonder if this phenomenon's been looked into? It must have been.

Comment

So.... deja vu? I imagine it has been.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Stone View Post

Out of interest, did you tell your wife about your dream?

Soon as I got out of bed, then several other times throughout the day as well. I even used the line from Withnall and I at the end of the day "I am preparing myself to forgive you"

Comment

I've had some weird dreams in the past. I've a habbit of having full plots in my dreams

I once had a nightmare once when I was young where there was a disease which would cause you to be chased by a doppelganger. If the doppelganger caught you, you died. The only way to keep it away from you was to take a special medicine. My doppelganger though threw my medicine bottle into the sea leaving me helpless.

I actually screamed in my sleep and woke up the rest of my family.

Had a nightmare a few years back that was a mix of Aliens and The Thing. I was defending myself and another person from an onslaught of creatures. After they were all dead, I patted the other person on the shoulder, she turned around, turns out she had turned into a monsters and she screached at me then bit off my face.

Jumped a mile and woke up instantly.

Then there's the classic 'my teeth are falling out!!!' nightmares.

Comment

Isn't it great when you have a sex dream about a lass you know and then see them later in the day? You don't know where to look.

Comment

At her tits?

I used to hate those dreams I got years ago, where you'd have a really intricate dream featuring every stage of completely falling for a lass - who was sometimes someone real, sometimes totally made up - and you were just entering that stage of pure contented smitten bliss, when you's wake up and feel the crushing disappointment of reality.

Comment

Dreams involving dating childhood sweethearts...

All seem nice and innnocent, then you wake up and you realise you can't remember if your imagination have appriately aged her enough to make it anything less than immensely creepy.

Also: There's nothing worse than having a completely epic dream where it's like your the star of a major movie. You save the universe, get the girl, you're a hero...

Then you wake up and have to go to work.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                  At her tits?
                  Yes. And her bum too.

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
                    So.... deja vu? I imagine it has been.
                    LOL! Last night I realised it's deja vu and felt a right spanner but I didn't feel like editing the post.

When I was younger, I had a dream that the queen Alien was at my school and she was breaking everyone's neck one by one, almost like some kind of ritual, and the people were going to her to let her do it. My mate was in the dream and had it done to him so was trying to persuade me to get it done. I would only do it if it didn't hurt so asked him and he said it does hurt but you don't remember it afterwards. Wasn't good enough for me

Sounds like some kind of metaphor for circumcision!

Has anyone tried going back to sleep to carry on the dream where it left off? Never works for me, but it doesn't stop me trying!

Comment

This place is still as simply legendary as it once was

Comment

Originally posted by dave heats View Post
                        This place is still as simply legendary as it once was
                        Yeah booooy awwwwright.

Comment

Originally posted by billy_dimashq View Post

Has anyone tried going back to sleep to carry on the dream where it left off? Never works for me, but it doesn't stop me trying!

It has happened to me loads of times, it usually happens after a bad dream though, I can feel myself drifting of to sleep again and sometimes even before I am properly asleep the dream begins again.

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
                            Dreams involving dating childhood sweethearts...

All seem nice and innnocent, then you wake up and you realise you can't remember if your imagination have appriately aged her enough to make it anything less than immensely creepy.

Also: There's nothing worse than having a completely epic dream where it's like your the star of a major movie. You save the universe, get the girl, you're a hero...

Then you wake up and have to go to work.
                            This reminds me of a dream I had fairly recently that was exactly like a video game; a cross between Resi 4, Ghost Squad and any FPS you'd care to name.

It started with me being given two missions to choose from: either I could rescue the president who was on a plane that had been apprehended by terrorists, or I could go and rescue a little girl who'd been kidnapped for a ransom. I chose to help the kid.

I then had to go and find her ASAP as the kidnappers threatened to kill her instantly if their demands were not met. It started with me running across an open terrain with a gun floating in the bottom right hand corner of my line of sight, then I entered a 3 storey brick building and from a window, observed the girl in room in the building opposite. One of the kidnappers was with her and was brandishing a knife. It then went all Ghost Squad and I had a few decisive seconds to shoot at the kidnapper with my sniper rife, and if I missed, he'd kill the girl. Fortunately, I got a headshot in and he went down, but then the others started to come after me, so I ran out of the building shooting and had to get over to where the girl was before they did (again, they were not intending to kill her outright).

There was a lot of running and shooting (including me chasing an armoured vehicle on foot), but I eventually got the building where the girl was, but when I entered the room where she was captive, she'd been tied to a post. These zombie-like mutant things were slowly moving towards her and I had to pick them all of like it was a lightgun game. Then as I killed the final zombie, I saw a "cutscene" where one crawled out of the ground beneath her feet and its flesh started to wrap around her. It went Ghost Squad again and I had to kill the zombie before it devoured the girl. Again, I succeeded. I untied her and just then, the boss entered the room by smashing through a wall at the far end. It picked up the corpses of the felled zombies and threw them at us as we ran for it. At this point, QTE prompts appeared in front of me, and I had to react to these in order to avoid the projectiles, jump over pits and outrun the boss.

Probably one of the most epic dreams I've ever had.

Comment

Go on then:

I had a dream on wednesday that was of me on an airplane with a random woman on our way to the US. About halfway through the flight I noticed that we were descending quite quickly and then the pilot made an announcement that said "nothing to worry about. We've got to land on the water!!"

Oddly, nobody started to panic and the water landing was ridiculously smooth. Then things started to get really scary. The flight attendants refused to open the doors and wouldn't let people attempt to escape. As time passed we could see that the airplane was sinking fast and at an almost vertical angle. Everybody was hanging onto the seats as best they could and once the plane was totally underwater the cabin crew then decided to open the doors which they couldn't do because of the pressure.

As the plane flipped upside down, under water, I woke up. I was so bloody terrified I couldn't get to sleep for about an hour after that!!

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                                I used to hate those dreams I got years ago, where you'd have a really intricate dream featuring every stage of completely falling for a lass - who was sometimes someone real, sometimes totally made up - and you were just entering that stage of pure contented smitten bliss, when you's wake up and feel the crushing disappointment of reality.
                                God yeah, they were depressing. It took time to "get over" those too. Like your mind had to adjust to the fact that she wasn't in your life anymore.

Bonkers.

Comment

Working...
                                X