No announcement yet.

The Tennis Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He does..I watched his match against Hewitt, he was class. Was a cracking match. Murray is on the back foot in this game.

Comment

That's a shame, but I think Roddick deserved it. Interesting to see how he gets on against Federer on Sunday.

Comment

Roddick was 28-1 to win the final before this. That seems pretty generous now.

Comment

Roddick v Federer in the final then ...

Anything decent on the other channels?

Comment

Roddick's serve beat Murray. The entire match Murray couldn't defend it, or beat it.

Roddick is a nice chap, would have won a lot more grand slams too if it weren't for Federer.

I hope Roddick goes on to win.

Comment

Not a chance. Straight sets to Federer in the final at a canter

Comment

I hope Roddick wins on Sunday like I hoped Nadal would last year. Federer is like the Schumacher of Tennis, seeing him win all the time is boring and predictable.

Comment

If Fed wins..he will beat the gram slam record he currently shares with Sampras.

Comment

Glad Roddick won, I understand how the BBC would be behind the brit but Jesus the way Sue Barker was after the game you'd think someone had died, absolutely no appreciation for the cracking game Roddick had.

Now cheering for Federer as I'd like him to take the all time record, that said it would be no bad thing for tennis if Roddick won.

As for Murray I'm sure he'll pick up a basket full of grand slams, particularly the hard court ones, maybe starting later this year in America.

Comment

Originally posted by Ampanman View Post
                      Glad Roddick won, I understand how the BBC would be behind the brit but Jesus the way Sue Barker was after the game you'd think someone had died, absolutely no appreciation for the cracking game Roddick had.

Now cheering for Federer as I'd like him to take the all time record, that said it would be no bad thing for tennis if Roddick won.

As for Murray I'm sure he'll pick up a basket full of grand slams, particularly the hard court ones, maybe starting later this year in America.
                      Couldn't agree more with everything you said there. Maybe you are a bit harsh on Barker. Hehe. She does have the sport at heart.

Comment

well that didnt take too long did it? what am i talking about yes london based media on BBC news getting stuck into Andy saying is he crying into his tennents or Iru Bru, and people wonder how Scots people have a dislike of biased English media, but now he's out hes a door-faced Scotsman, not a word on how well he done or nothing just he's sh1te now and Scottish.

Comment

Well done Rodders. Hope Federer wins the final, though. Would be nice to see Sampras' seven titles beaten.

Hmm, who to support tonight. The very ugly one, or the extremely ugly one? Think I'll have to go for very ugly (that's Serena).

Comment

Originally posted by MisterBubbles View Post
                            well that didnt take too long did it? what am i talking about yes london based media on BBC news getting stuck into Andy saying is he crying into his tennents or Iru Bru, and people wonder how Scots people have a dislike of biased English media, but now he's out hes a door-faced Scotsman, not a word on how well he done or nothing just he's sh1te now and Scottish.
                            Shame that, the Wimbledon highlights show had three journalists on from the broadsheets and their take on it was going to be the fact that he's a superb player who WILL wins things and the fact he's only 22 - christ!

Originally posted by Stroppy View Post
                            Hmm, who to support tonight. The very ugly one, or the extremely ugly one? Think I'll have to go for very ugly (that's Serena).
                            You are joking, Serena's one fine example of the female form in my eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Ampanman View Post
                              Originally posted by Stroppy View Post
                              You are joking, Serena's one fine example of the female form in my eyes.

Comment

http://uk.askmen.com/galleries/serena-williams/picture-7.html
                                Last edited by Anpanman; 04-07-2009, 12:11.

Comment

Working...
                                X