This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Richard.John View Post
    It's the weight though isn't it. 7.2 is good for a car with a 138 bhp surely. I think speed is over rated as we can hardly tap the potential of sports cars on our roads today, let alone super cars like GTRs, Porkers or Ferraris. I love to mash my money pedal in second when exiting ETC (electronic toll collect) gates here in Japan, but before I know it I am doing 100 kph, and are therefore at risk of being pulled over by the boys in blue. Handling and balance are preferable I would say, to outright speed. Of course the super cars have that area covered too. Sigh.
    Spot on the Richard my car weighs less than a ton and isnt designed to go that fast 0-60 its all about battering it down b roads and for that its amazing, <---- thats my face when its a nice day and I can give it some round the bends. It does however have a nasty streak certainly in the wet, rear wheel drive and mid engine doesn't bode well on wet roundabouts I drive like Im driving Miss Daisey in the wet because it constantly steps out.

Originally posted by Alastair View Post
    Nice pictures Johnno, is it true that they have next to no luggage room at all?
    Cheers Alistair in regards to luggage space there is no room really two cubby holes behind the seats and thats your lot. There is no room in the frunk as the space saver is in there and if you take it out its effects the cars handling.

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
    If you have 14 mins to spare:

An old Top Gear vid showing that it's all about handling.
    Nice video but how appalling was top gear back in the 90s lol the music at the start

Comment

If your having probs in the wet try a different brand of tyre. My Boxster had Dunlop something or others fitted when I bought it and it didn't feel too secure in the wet.

I went back to Porsche specific Michelin Pilot Sport N1's last year and they have made a big difference to the wet weather handling. Even the ride quality has improved a bit.

Comment

Dunlop are for shoes, not for cars.

Comment

Dunlop do tyres don't they?

Comment

Yeah they do, and have done for a long time - They make a good wearing tyre, if a little hard.

Comment

I have Bridgestone Potenza RE050s on mine and they are excellent. Not skittish at all.

Is it only me or is the new Gallardo LP560-4 in white pure sex? It may not be a better drive than the F430 but it looks better imo.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Richard.John; 30-09-2008, 05:01.

Comment

I agree, love Lambos.

As promised, a couple of Cobra shots:

Last edited by Alastair; 02-10-2008, 10:20.

Comment

Originally posted by Malc View Post
                  Dunlop do tyres don't they?
                  Sorry, I was making a sly comment that anyone interested in grip and safety, rather than saving money should avoid Dunlops. Or drive slower.

Comment

Whats that fakesnake got under the hood?

Comment

Probably better than the "Stunner" tyres I had on a car once! Proper cheap. I did see them on a Merc one day too though which shocked me.

Comment

Haha I've seen quite a few stunners about.

Comment

Just brought a spanking new S-Max Titanium for Bang Bus related activities!!!*

* carting the wife, child and dog around.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                            Whats that fakesnake got under the hood?
                            Dunno, sorry, I think he said 2 litre Pontiac but that really doesn't sound right. It was loud as hell and a lot faster than my MX5!

Comment

Well the ongoing saga of our new Golf Estate carries on. In the meantime we've been given a relief car from VW. It's a Golf GT TDi Sport. (Yes I know never buy anything with the sport suffix.)

I'm really quite impressed with it.It has a 2 litre 138bhp PD diesel engine and 'sports' suspension. Pulls hard when the turbo spools up and the ride quality is excellent. Haven't gone far in it today as the weather is miserable up here. Managed to get the traction control light blinking already, 2nd gear and a heavy right foot in the wet. Makes me wonder if I really should chip our diesel Golf when it arrives. An extra 30lbs of torque must just be too much for a FWD motor.

Comment

Originally posted by k0pp0 View Post
                                Just brought a spanking new S-Max Titanium
                                Had one of these as courtesy car yesterday. Could have had a disco in the boot. Ginormous.

Comment

Working...
                                X