This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Scirocco is rather nice isn't it?
    Good to see they are still being driven by loons. One of them flew up behind me into a roundabout, so I waited till it pulled out alongside on the exit and then spanked it senseless

Comment

FWD is for girls. The new Golf GTi is nice though.

Comment

In all fairness FWD cars are much better than they used to be for handling and coping with loads of power. FWD is a packaging and cost exercise though. Looks the interior space in a 1 series versus a mk V Golf. No contest.

I don't mind having a FWD car for our sensible car. Especially when I have a mid engined, RWD two seater for fun!

Comment

Indeed. The space saving a transverse engine layout brings is a good trade off.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
            New Scirocco is rather nice isn't it?

http://www.vwvortex.com/artman/uploads/rocco.jpg
            Looks rather similar to the Volvo C30.

Comment

I was looking at the Scirocco in the showroom yesterday. Given it's hatchback underpinnings they've done a great job with it. It looks great in the metal and I particularly like the 911esque narrow rear window over the wide rear end.

Even the interior which is pretty much nicked from the Eos looks good apart from the bizzare door pulls which are oversized scalene triangles.

I have a Mk V Golf on the drive just now and it has a great combo of ride and handling. With the active dampers and a bit of fettling I would imagine the Scirocco is a hoot to drive.

Comment

My mum and Dad have an Eos. They've never had a turbo car before. Heh.

Comment

Isn't the difference in price between the Golf and Scirocco 90 GBP or so but you get more toys as standard or something like that. Fifth Gear are suggesting that it's a no brainer in the Scirocco's favour.

It seems that EVO magazine recently ran a group test involving the Scirocco. It was up against the BMW 130 a Volvo C30 and the updated Mazda RX-8. The best car won of course.
                  Last edited by Richard.John; 03-10-2008, 02:24.

Comment

hmmm I wouldnt be so sure, I mean the residuals from new on the rx-8 are epically bad.

I do like it but not new that = madness, my gf sister paid 18k for it 2 years ago and its now prob worth about 6k

Comment

I think the deciding factor is if you want to see anything out of the rear window or are more interested in the front window. Golf for rear window win. Scirocco for front window win.

Comment

Lambo want to get in on the Porsche Panamera market:

CNET is the world's leader in tech product reviews, news, prices, videos, forums, how-tos and more.

Comment

I seriously like that Lambo. I read on Autoblog that they didn't think it looked finished. I like it as it is though!

Comment

Found a bit of a better picture. I just think it looks far to long. Also, a front engined lambo just seems wrong at the moment.

Comment

Regarding the Lambo, I don't like it actually. Too angular and aggressive. Maserati make beautiful sedans but this just seems wrong to me.

Oracle,

I have an RX-8 so that's why I said it won, though in jest of course. Fantastic car but I acknowledge its shortcomings.

Comment

Scirocco GT24.

Although will probably end up looking nothing like that

Switch the spoiler and make the splitter smaller.

I hate the look of those adjustable spoilers on road cars. It just makes me think of idiots who have slapped them on their 1.8L civic aero or something equally pointless.

Comment

Working...
                                X