This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
    Wasn't the GT the only model that came with built in sat nav? Would be an easy way to tell.
    The FN2 GT model has dual zone climate control, rain sensing windscreen wipers, refrigerated glove box, automatic headlights with dusk sensor, front fog lights, power folding door mirrors, cruise control, front and rear curtain airbags over the standard Type-R model. Then there are further upgrade kits for sat nav, floor mats, multi-cd changer, iPod dock, aluminium fuel cover, 19" Rims (over the standard 18"). LSD became standard on the 2010 Heritage trim level models.

The vast majority of FN2 Civic Type-Rs sold were GT models - watch for the 3rd gear syncro on the 2007 plate.
    Last edited by MartyG; 14-02-2012, 11:14.

Comment

Bought myself this one last week:

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
        The FN2 GT model has dual zone climate control, rain sensing windscreen wipers, refrigerated glove box, automatic headlights with dusk sensor, front fog lights, power folding door mirrors, cruise control, front and rear curtain airbags over the standard Type-R model. Then there are further upgrade kits for sat nav, floor mats, multi-cd changer, iPod dock, aluminium fuel cover, 19" Rims (over the standard 18"). LSD became standard on the 2010 Heritage trim level models.

The vast majority of FN2 Civic Type-Rs sold were GT models - watch for the 3rd gear syncro on the 2007 plate.
        Cheers Marty, I've been doing a bit of digging and have spotted all this now. Didn't know the 3rd gear problem was a big one though? Is it all 2007 models as the three I'm getting looked at this weekend are all 2007 models. One with 22,000 miles which seems pretty decent too! Do you have an FN2? I'm looking at getting the GP kit for it and Rage alloys. It looks stunning with those upgrades I reckon.

Comment

Yeah I have an FN2 GT. The third gear issue wasn't all 2007 models, as it was sorted at some point (can't remember the exact month) and the problem was fixed under warranty if it was an issue.

The Rage alloys are nice, but they add a premium to the rubber costs.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex WS View Post
            Bought myself this one last week:

Looks nice and tidy Alex I'm determined my next car will be bright red like this, me likey.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
              Yeah I have an FN2 GT. The third gear issue wasn't all 2007 models, as it was sorted at some point (can't remember the exact month) and the problem was fixed under warranty if it was an issue.

The Rage alloys are nice, but they add a premium to the rubber costs.
              Hmmm, so should I expect any model I come across to have been fixed then? You'd have to be daft to have the problem and not get it checked by Honda and fixed already hopefully!

And yeah, the Rages look mint but with new tyres would be near ?1500 new which is alot I guess. I'll see how happy I am with the standards when I get them and take it from there.

Comment

Trust me, there's no shortage of grip with the 18", it goes around corners like a go kart.

Comment

Hehe sweet!

They do look a million times better though, especially on the NHB as well.

Comment

Insurance hike from ?500 to ?750. Not too bad I guess considering I claimed for my bike incident.

Comment

Alex WS, nice set of wheels. Not too flashy, not to drab. I've never driven a Volvo at all in my life to tell the truth. How is it on the road ?

Comment

Thanks for the nice words guys. Really happy with the car. Feels very tight and responsive on the road. I would still say that my previous car (Opel Vectra) is a tad more comfortable to drive, but this one beats it in every other category, so I'm most pleased.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                          Just checked, and the MY2000 doesn't have them, although it doesn't seem to need them - there was hot air coming through from the front wells.
                          I was wrong. The rear underfloor heaters were disguised by the carpet. They just peek out from a tiny slot in the carpet.

Comment

Some photos of the Eibach K24 CR-Z (no batteries). For more, see Banzai magazine just out.
                            Honda Insight & CR-Z Hybrid - Eibach K24 CR-Z update & track footage - We've had our Eibach CR-Z over at Hasport for the past few months to have them install a K24A2 engine with their newly designed mount kit. After getting the car back we are VERY impressed with the work they've done and cleanliness of the swap. The...

Comment

Got my car!

Over the moon with it. Really is impressive. Lots of plans for performance upgrades too!
                              Last edited by Rossco; 15-03-2012, 10:54.

Comment

Very nice. What's on the shopping list?

Comment

Working...
                                X