Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It looks nothing like the one on the adverts either. I guess that was the one with every single option ticked though!

Comment

Find the very best deals for car finance, insurance, warranties, and scrap cars - along with news, car valuation, check MOT history, reviews, and helpful guides!

worth a watch if you've got five minutes to spare, 2200bhp, 0-60 in a second, and road legal

Think I might have posted it elsewhere before actually.

Comment

2,200 bhp. Imagine the transmission required to take that kind of force.

Comment

You know the additive stuff you put in the fuel to clean the engine a bit/help with emissions?

A mate has an old Golf TDi that was close to the limit at the last MOT. What's the name of the diesel stuff for helping with emissions? Like RedX but for diesel.

Anyone know what I'm on about?

Comment

Red X do a diesel cleaner, as do Wynns and Forte

Forte is pretty good.

Although a new air filter, and a clean out of the induction system will be just as good.

Comment

Cheers, he doesn't know where to put the oil let alone how to change the filter so I think I'll leave him to the additives!

Comment

How times change.

Comment

That deal makes a whole lot of sense at the moment. It does sound like they may as well merge though if they're going to start down that road.

I have a question. Does anyone have any experience of bent alloys and the fixing thereof? My annoying as hell shake (which I've found is actually well documented and referred to as the 65mph shimmy in the States) has been narrowed down to a badly buckled passenger side rear wheel. I'm wondering if it's repairable as getting hold of a ten year old ltd edition alloy is going to prove pretty hard I think.

Comment

Well its come to that time again, ive just brought another car, 2001 bugeye import impreza.. And will be saying goon bye to my faithful scooby sport..

Comment

Originally posted by powkisser View Post
                      Well its come to that time again, ive just brought another car, 2001 bugeye import impreza.. And will be saying goon bye to my faithful scooby sport..
                      Do you know what the Bugeye has actually grown on me to the point of being probably my best Impreza.

I think it's mostly down to the fact that they are far less common then the classic or last run blobeye one's

Beginning to think about changing the Leon Cupra myself.

Got a hankering for a 3.2 V6 Alfa 147 GTA or Mk4 Golf R32 at the mo.
                      Although I did find a very nice '03 plate Focus RS for ?8k

Hmmmmm decisions

Neil

Comment

That was my thinking on buying it, you dont see many of them around and they have a very solid engine for tinkering with.. Also on th eplus side the guy who i got it off has only had it 6 moths and paid 7k for it, shame he was just made redundant and i got it off him for 5k.. lol winner.. The problem is i have already spent loads of cash on it and i have only owned it a week ..

Comment

Originally posted by powkisser View Post
                          That was my thinking on buying it, you dont see many of them around and they have a very solid engine for tinkering with.. Also on th eplus side the guy who i got it off has only had it 6 moths and paid 7k for it, shame he was just made redundant and i got it off him for 5k.. lol winner.. The problem is i have already spent loads of cash on it and i have only owned it a week ..
                          Nice price

so come on dont keep us in suspence what you spent the cash on???

Comment

Welcome to the world of Impreza Turbo ownership. Why spend a little, when you can spend a lot?
                            Get yourself an earthing kit. You'll also need to get a 1.5m length of shield car amp cable and pass it through the aircon hole in the bulkhead to earth the ECU in the passenger footwell.

I hope you realise it will eat tyres and petrol, even without you trying?

What's the spec?

Comment

spec is its 2001 bugeye wrx in silver,(no pics as yet) it was totally standard... so far just added crystal light pack (hate the orange indicators and reflectors) big black rally mudflaps, hks fatt turbo timer, just brought afterburner downpipe and centre section, Currently thinking about a hks ssqv bov, gotta love the chirp, and im taking my sti v7 spolier off my impreza sport getting it resprayed and sticking it on this, along with my sti 2001\02 gold alloys

Comment

Originally posted by Alastair View Post
                                That deal makes a whole lot of sense at the moment. It does sound like they may as well merge though if they're going to start down that road.

I have a question. Does anyone have any experience of bent alloys and the fixing thereof? My annoying as hell shake (which I've found is actually well documented and referred to as the 65mph shimmy in the States) has been narrowed down to a badly buckled passenger side rear wheel. I'm wondering if it's repairable as getting hold of a ten year old ltd edition alloy is going to prove pretty hard I think.
                                I don't think an alloy wheel is repairable once it is bent, although I don't know for sure, maybe it can be done.

Maybe a wheel manufacturer can help you, there is one local to me that has been in the game for a long time: http://www.knwheels.co.uk/

Might be worth an email or a phone call anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X