This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
    Aiming to limit myself to ?2k, there's a sea of bad ones but the odd decent one pops up

I'd be highly dubious of how much of a BMW 3 series you'd get for 2k. I would of thought it would of been properly hammered, compared to a Focus for the same Cash.

Comment

400+bhp (will take 550)

Up for sale ?13k

Found some cool wagons of similar spec that will take the mtb for ?5k though heheh. That P1 badge really pumps the price up.

Comment

My step mum has the WRX STI so now whenever I see a "Scooby" I think it's a girly car

Comment

I'd rather walk everywhere for the rest of time than be seen in an impreza, so tarnished is their image by chavs. Not sure there's ever been another type of car manufactured that's had so much tat bolted on to it. Every time I see one my eyes just roll and I think "dick". Shame, because it's a car with great pedigree.

Er, no offence directed at you Charles!

Comment

Did you just call my step mum a dick?!
            Lol I totally agree with you on the chav thing though as there are loads of them ragging these things about and they can be had really cheap if you don't mind a high mileage car.
            Thankfully my Dad is thinking of getting a Jaguar XF which means chopping in the Scoobz and Cherokee. All to pull a caravan >_>

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
              I'd rather walk everywhere for the rest of time than be seen in an impreza, so tarnished is their image by chavs. Not sure there's ever been another type of car manufactured that's had so much tat bolted on to it. Every time I see one my eyes just roll and I think "dick". Shame, because it's a car with great pedigree.
              Agree that most drivers were chavs, but don't think it's the case any more (classic shape). Most people who haven't thrown them through a hedge are enthusiasts.

Also, I think you've got the wrong idea about the stuff bolted to them. That P1 above is completely (visually) standard apart from the induction scoop on the driver side, the morette headlamp cluster and the intercooler. Unless you are counting the daft stickers as being bolted on. They are one of the least modified cars out there when it comes to style. You can't get body kits for them, unless you want a 22B body kit, but then again, that's just making them look like another standard (albeit much more rare) factory model.

edit: unless you mean you've never seen a factory car with so much stuff on it. Yeah, that must be what you mean. In which case, spot on!
              Last edited by charlesr; 04-08-2012, 13:09.

Comment

If you had to choose:

Or

????

Comment

I've actually driven a P1 and they're fantastic cars, I still wouldn't want to be seen in one though. Could well be my age, at this point there's a list of cars I feel i'd just look an idiot in! I'm not saying every owner is a dick, but they're definitely hitting the higher percentage in my experience. I walked past one the other day that had a carbon fibre bonnet, it was an interesting 'weave' though, as it was actually a big sticker and was peeling off at the corners! Case closed on that one........

Edit: Oh, and out of the two I could cope with being in the polo more!
                  Last edited by Colin; 04-08-2012, 16:58.

Comment

Mecury Capri

OR

Volvo 480 thing

Comment

Heheh. A friend of mine going nuts on a sprint day. Mowing the lawn.
                      Last edited by charlesr; 12-08-2012, 08:27.

Comment

I've found out i'm being transferred out of London by my company next year to work on a 7 year contract. I've already started looking for a new car for when it starts. You've got to get these processes started early...............

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
                          I think looking more into the Focus seems the main priority then, if I can find a within budget, decent nick 1.8 that seems like it would be ideal. It's mostly going to be short runs, maybe the odd 10 mile run down the bypass.
                          I got a focus 1.8 injection (original shape) about a month ago, paid ?800 for it and really like it so far. Drives nice, and is pretty quick too, always nice to see some chavs face drop as your boring focus leaves his piece of crap at the lights . Mechanics i speak to all say you cant really go wrong with them.

Now to work towards that Focus RS ive always had my eye on .

Comment

Had a 2.0 focus for nearly 10 years and only just (last month sold it) cracking car and only started showing problems in its last two years.

Just bought another Focus only this one has a 2.5 engine (my youth is restored)

Comment

It definitely looks to be down between the Ford Focus and the Toyota Celica (which still looks amazing). The Celica is a little less family styled but it's awesome

I've been inspired by Quality Chimp too, I've got a silver Autobot bonnet emblem, a silver and blue Autobot rear bumper transfer and TF wing mirror transfers ready for whichever car I end up with :thumbs:

Comment

you've got to go with the Toyota Celica. Just the name and look alone make it a head turner to others on the road.

Comment

Working...
                                X