Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's definitely a front runner, everyone seems to rate it decent as well. It'd look like a spot-on Transformer with the emblems too

Comment

I'd love a white Celica with the Sega Rally stuff all over it.

In other news, I signed up with Zipcar.

While I was umming and ahhing about joining, a mate texted me about a discount they're offering if you're with O2 - ?30 for the year(instead of ?60) and ?30 free credit(up to 5 hours depending on the car/time). Has to be done over the phone but it's much better than doing it online as they call the DVLA at the time and get all the stuff sorted there and then(in fact, I had registered online already but hadn't paid for membership so did payment over the phone).

I used that opportunity to mention how wonderful my driving history is(i.e. completely clean) and I was offered an excess waiver(excess is ?750) - ?100/year to remove it completely.

I haven't used it yet but it has an iPhone app you can use to book and lock/unlock your car if you don't have the smart card.

Comment

How long do your tyres last?

The last two sets I have have been Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3 (no longer made ) and Toyo T1R.
        Both lasted approx 14k.
        4x4, so wear is pretty even all around.

Comment

Well, here's the situation.

Spent the weekend car hunting with the aim of getting a car within a specific price range. First up was a trip to see the Celica which was a nice enough car but gave the missus concerns about practicality as the seat positions are very low and her first thought was how she'd cope if she was pregnant or had stuff with her. Either way it was ruled out as the garage wouldn't do finance on it as it was over 10 years old.

Second garage was similar but worked out a range we could afford. The selection came down to a 1.0l Corsa or a 1.3l Suzuki Ignis. The Corsa was just to weak powered and the Ignis was spacious but felt like Blue Peter had put it together.

Sunday brought the third and final garage, there was a nice 1.6l Astra but in the end we decided to play it conservative and save ourselves a grand by choosing a 2.0l Ford Focus saloon. It looks like and old man's car but should meet all our needs. I already have an Autobots icon ready for the hood

Comment

How did that Autobot icon go? Pic?

I phoned 999 just now. There is an enormous 2mile long diesel spill between 2 villages near me. In paces, it's more than a metre wide. Slippery as ice. They said they will get it sorted immediately. I guess they'd prefer a bit of diesle cleaning to clearing up bit of motorcyclist.

Comment

How did that Autobot icon go? Pic?

I phoned 999 just now. There is an enormous 2mile long diesel spill between 2 villages near me. In paces, it's more than a metre wide. Slippery as ice. They said they will get it sorted immediately. I guess they'd prefer a bit of diesle cleaning to clearing up bit of motorcyclist.

Comment

I went to Silverstone GP circuit for a track day yesterday with a friend. He has a race prepped 350Z. He got his own International Garage pit! Unfortunately I didn't get to drive his because just before it my turn, his clutch and gearbox decided to fail. Electronics we think. I did get to passenger though and it has had a few mods since last time I drove it, with new race suspension and engine tweaks.

It really hung on through the corners very impressively with Caterhams getting in the way, although they pulled away fractionally on the way out of corners he kept the speed up better through them.

Later I went out with an instructor in a Renault Megane Sport which was hugely impressive (for a French car ). It had a horrible viewing position, with the A pillar constantly in the way, with me leaning forwards and back to look around it it, but once I got over that it had incredible composure making me feel very relaxed with it straight away and a real willingness to be thrashed. Until it started drizzling and then it had no grip at all, weaving and bobbing mid corner. I even ran wide on one wet corner shouting "turn in, turn in" as it just refused and slid wide and the instructor calmly saying "so what you did there was.... drive off the track". But overall, a very good car. It was so weird deliberated going over the kerbs - my motorbike instincts say KEEP OFF THE PAINT, but he told me fire over everything, including rumbles.

All sorts of amazing exotica there apart from the 350. Loads of GTRs, some proper Ferrari GT cars with with hydraulic jacks built in for quick tyre change, a Ferrari 458 with some sort of Aero kit which was lush, an SR8 Radical (OMGOMG how fast are those things? It made EVERYTHING else look pants), a Merc saloon of some sort with no mods apart from interior strip with a nutter at the wheel that was looking terrifying through Abbey every time until he inevitable lost the back and drifted thet whole way through at 80mph (no he didn't get it back!), a lovely sounding S2000 with a vast wing, the usual GT3s and RS and loads of other stuff (M3s, Imprezas).
                Last edited by charlesr; 01-11-2012, 09:18.

Comment

Check out the awesome pit garages as used by the F1 teams. Each one had it's own loo and stuff.

Pit straight:

Open pit lane, so just get in the queue and go as soon as the light goes green.

Didn't seem to take long to get down here!

Comment

Wow utterly superb. Lovely cars the 350 so nice to see it performing well. Will do something similar one day myself.

Comment

Service and MOT for the Civic Type-R cost ?500. Still needs rear pads and discs replaced. Main dealer prices really do sting.

Comment

Yikes. What did they do in the service? Change the oil and replace it with gold?

Comment

Suspension linkages at ?95 x two bumped it up for the MOT. Plus I probably shouldn't have said yes to servicing the air con.

Comment

I was stuck behind this the other day. Does anyone know what it is? I thought it was that new-ish Subaru/Toyota car. Sadly I never got to see the front of it since he pulled away like a mad man once we left the tunnel whch I couldn't due to having no points left on my license. One mistake and it's 1 year ban time Bloody traffic police!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

That's the GT86, I'd rather have an AE86 Sounds like you need to spare the horses though instead of riding high tail :P

Comment

Ah, a GT86. thanks. Thought it was that. Oh and yeah, the AE86 is a right classic and quite common over here. There's always a few on Yahoo Auctions at any given time as well as local dealers - http://auctions.search.yahoo.co.jp/s...erce&ei=euc-jp

Comment

Working...
                                X