Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got my first ever new car last month Ford C Max with tinted windows and extras. Shame I cant drive it lol Its lovely and smooth even with the sporty suspension and much better on my spine than last car.

Comment

I'm looking to buy a new car - only a small hatchback - so looking at Fiestas, Corsas, 207s etc. I'm leaning towards the Corsa or a 207. Looking to get a 1.4 56 or 07 plate model (i.e. the new model Corsa).

Anybody got any recommendations? I don't want to spend more than ?8k and I should get ?500 trade-in on my rather old Nissan Micra. Peugeot have a deal on at the moment - 5 years interest free and no deposit required.

Comment

Could do a lot worse than a Skoda Fabia, or Seat Ibiza. I've owned a Fabia vRS, and an Ibiza FR, and found them both to be great build quality as essentially they're just VW Polo's. Would definitely recommend checking out the 1.4's in those ranges (as the vRS and FR were both bigger engines than you're looking for) - should fit price wise too.

Also, dunno if it fits in your budget, but also definitely worth checking the Toyota Auris.

Comment

I test drove the Mazda3, the Corsa, and the Fiesta when considering a car in 2005. I went for the Fiesta because the other two were absolute bobbins round corners. The Fiesta was a 1.4td (50mpg ish overall) and it although it took ages to get up to speed, it braked and cornered fantastically. Had it for 2 years and everything work perfectly during that time with 75 mile trip per weekday in that time.

What about Yaris?

Comment

CAn someone recommend the best way to clean the inside of my windscreen? It's getting impossible to see through the smears when it mists up in the cold. I've tried using dry newspapers (Works on regular windows), glass cleaner etc but it's still really bad.

Comment

Test drove the 207 earlier... I liked it but I wasn't blown away by it (though I don't have a lot to compare it to!). Am testing a Corsa on Saturday. I've thought about a Yaris but I'm not mad keen on the styling and the boot is a little on the small side. An Auris is probably a bit too big.

Comment

Peugeots are a bit on the sensible side, I've a 206, a friend has a new 307 which is nice must admit. Unless you go for one of the top end models you're not going to be blown away by a Peugeot to be honest. Good solid reliable cars though.

You thought about one of the new Fiesta's ?

Comment

I love my Colt

Comment

Don't bother with a Corsa, they are proper cack.

Comment

If it helps, the wife's dad drives a Corsa

Fans of Autoblog will be pleased to know that their podcast is back! Hurrah! (or w00t as they prefer): http://www.autoblog.com/2008/11/20/w...oblog-podcast/

Comment

Well ended up test driving an 07 Toyota Yaris SR 1.4 today - liked it so much I bought it! £8k minus £500 for mine. Only 12,000 miles on it as well so I'm pretty pleased. Collecting it on Thursday.

Comment

Solid choice Sir! Can't go far wrong with a Toyota

Comment

Thanks - the one word that constantly comes up when looking into them is "reliable"

Comment

I'm probably biased as I have an Avensis, but I've had no problems with mine what so ever, plus the services are very reasonably priced.

Comment

We had a Yaris and it served us really sell.

Comment

Working...
                                X