No announcement yet.

Apple speculation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if the iPod Classic was killed off now. The next logical step would surely be bigger-capacity Nanos and Touches, no?

Also, I'll be eager to see what they do with the MacBooks, though. It would appear that the MacBook Pro series may get an overhaul, but the speculation is mainly why I haven't bought a Black MacBook right now as I don't want to be caught out after spending the best part of £1000.
    Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 04-09-2008, 20:24.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard.John View Post
      Physical volume and track skip buttons would be nice. You can't use it blind.

The very reason i took my touch back, i had no idea how much i used my iPod "blind" until i got a touch

Comment

Indeed.

Comment

The new nano, in the wild.
          Engadget posts what is claimed to be an actual photo of one of the new "tall" iPod Nanos. Rumors have been persistent that the iPod Nano would see a return to the "tall" form factor next week. The larger screen will reportedly allow for better viewing of video content. The image also...

Comment

I think the Classic still has an important part in the lineup for people who want a huge selection of music to take with them. At least until the larger SSDs come down in price and we start to see much smaller physical iPods with much larger capacities.

Comment

I thought that I wouldn't give up my 80GB iPod after getting an iPhone but it's either in the car or gathering dust now.

I don't think people really need to cart their whole CD collection around with them.

Comment

I do. The iPod classic is incredibly useful for travelling, and I vastly prefer its design to that of the touch. I dislike the amount of superfluous features I feel that it has, and its like of a physical click wheel is simply annoying as it means you have to actually look at it to use it, as others have mentioned. Being able to carry 80GB of music is fantastic, and I would be very disappointed if Apple continued the line, especially at this stage. 32GB is simply inadequate for many people's music collections. If I'm travelling I don't want to have to pick and choose, I want to be able to take everything with ease.

Comment

I don't really see any point to brining back the ipod mini (essentially what this is). It's a step backwards in design.

Here's hoping they show off a touch based pda...

Comment

The rumours of a 5.5" Touch/Tablet don't seem to be going away, would be a great piece of kit I'm sure. Just have to wait and see what they have up their sleeve(s), less than 48 hours to go as think the conference kicks off 6pm UK time on Tuesday.

Comment

I wouldn't expect anything Earth-shattering like a whole new line of machines.

It looks like iTunes 8.0 and iPhone firmware 2.1 are almost certain to be announced on Tuesday, if not released on the day. (Hopefully Apple's learnt that announcing iPhone firmware releases ahead of time is a bad idea after 2.0.) Mac Mini is due for an update, and apparently retailers were told not to buy in Cinema Displays because they haven't been updated in two years. A revamp of the MacBook looks likely based on the amount of speculation and supposed leaks, and it's been a while since anything major's happened with the MacBook Pros as well so that could be updated, but not overhauled.

I've told myself that I'll buy a replacement for this MacBook Pro if it's a significant update. I'm looking for quad-core (or 3.0GHz or more dual-core) and maybe a Blu-ray drive and if that happens, Apple has another £1,000-odd out of me

And for those who recently bought iPods, bookmark this for future use. Apple works on a fairly predictable timetable for product updates so you can take an educated guess as to how close to an update its stuff is.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard.John View Post
                        Physical volume and track skip buttons would be nice. You can't use it blind.
                        I'v just read this thread and finally someone thinks the same as me! I keep telling my mates that an Ipod touch is absolutely no use to me as I always have my ipod in my pocket and I know where the controls are. I wouldn't use it if I kept having to take it out everytime I wanted to turn the volume down, pause it or skip a track.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidHolliss View Post
                          The rumours of a 5.5" Touch/Tablet don't seem to be going away, would be a great piece of kit I'm sure. Just have to wait and see what they have up their sleeve(s), less than 48 hours to go as think the conference kicks off 6pm UK time on Tuesday.
                          Would be good if it supported flash, etc for a full web experience.

Comment

iMac's getting spec upgrades and price cut...

Comment

Originally posted by smokedog View Post
                              iMac's getting spec upgrades and price cut...
                              http://www.jon4lakers.com/blog/2008/...sive-pric.html
                              Quite possibly fake - http://www.9to5mac.com/imac_upgrade_looms - looks like the guy just played about with the script on the page to change a few things..

Comment

Apple will be holding their "Let's Rock" media event on Tuesday, September 9th at 10 a.m. Pacific, 1 p.m. Eastern. With almost daily...

MacRumors have put up a summary of what they think will be announced today. Like the line about the Touch range getting "large price drops"

Comment

Working...
                                X