No announcement yet.

Apple speculation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apple notebook event coming up on the 14th of October. Should be interesting!

Comment

Really hope the persistent $800 laptop rumour is correct, a £499 Apple laptop would take some resisting.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidHolliss View Post
        Really hope the persistent $800 laptop rumour is correct, a £499 Apple laptop would take some resisting.
        Sounds very "Netbook" to me, which I wouldn't have thought to be Apple's style, but there you go!

Personally, I'll be looking out for what they do with the standard MacBooks - I was originally going to purchase a Black one before the speculation started.

Comment

Don't think it'll be a Netbook, fingers crossed for a 13" screen jobbie.

Comment

Don't think it'll be a Netbook, fingers crossed for a 13" screen jobbie.
            I wouldn't think so, either. But Netbooks have become increasingly popular, and a $800/?499 price point tends to suggest that, imo - that's pretty cheap, even for fully-fledged, standard Apple MacBooks.

We'll see.

Comment

New MacBooks/Pros have been announced with switchable nvidia GPU's on the Pros, Air is getting nvidia GPUs and bigger HDs. Hoping for cheapish laptop still...

See www.engadget.com
              Last edited by NW2013; 14-10-2008, 17:45.

Comment

Even though it's early doors, I've gotta be honest and say that I'm slightly underwhelmed by the looks of the new-generation of MacBooks and MacBook Pros (more environmental consciousness from Apple), even though the specs do sound impressive on paper. Like others, I'm pretty curious about just how well the Glass Trackpad with Multi-Touch will work.

Will have to wait and see how these things actually look in the flesh. If they don't float my boat, I'll have to look at getting a current-gen MacBook (reduced price confirmed and Apple Store websites currently shut for updating).

Comment

So the cheapest new laptop is now 949.00 ? hardly the sub five hundred pound we were hoping for. Sounds like old versions will only have about fifty quid (looking at the cheaper ones) knocked off until stock is exhausted

EDIT:

is 719.00 - was this model more expensive before ? or is it a new one ?
                  Last edited by VR46; 14-10-2008, 18:56.

Comment

I personally reckon that BOTH the MacBook and MacBook Pro are ?100-150 too dear.

Even if you halve the value of the price of the two notebooks on the US Apple store and add a 20% increase on the overall price, it is still ?100-150 more expensive.

The MacBook should be ?799 and the Pro sitting on an accessible and comfortable ?999 price point.

I think I am going to await the 'B' revision MacBook or await the far too long-awaited Mac mini upgrade, if it ever happens that is.

F*ck Apple... At least this time round.

And Apple has the cheek to INCREASE the previous MacBook by ?20 whereas the US model has been given a $100 knock-off to the price?

Yeah, f*ck Apple.

Comment

Apple do seem to have lost the plot, i mean i know they like to be aspirational but when your entry level laptop is £950 its just stupid. I'm also annoyed there is still no mini, i think its what they could really do with in the current economic climate.

Comment

is 719.00 - was this model more expensive before ? or is it a new one ?
                        ?20 more, but you've got a superdrive rather than the ****e combo drive.

Still crap prices though. The new MB should be ?700 or less, o.k. it's got a new expensive case but still overpriced.

Comment

The alumi/black look is stunning. I love the way Apple harmonises the designs. Black is the new white at Apple, then.

Makes me wonder why the iMac doesn't have a black keyboard actually.

I reckon the new cinema display is what the next (or next) gen of iMacs will morph into. Imagine an Imac like that. Pure beauty.
                          Last edited by Richard.John; 15-10-2008, 10:23.

Comment

The basic new MacBook is $1299, which at *current* exchange rates is £745. The UK site lists it ex-VAT (which I guess the US does too?) at £808, so it's not sooooooo far off.

Comment

Do apple have any kind of trade-in offer for people who have bought a macbook in the last few months?

While i love my macbook and theres nothing wrong with it, i might as if i can if its not going to cost the earth to upgrade.

Comment

I had a look at them today in the Apple shop (In Brum), mmmmm, not too sure myself. They look smart, but maybe it's a grower. I don't like the way I get a electrical feel when I touch the aluminium case (I got the same off the old Air and MBP). Also annoyed that the firewire has been removed off the MB, wonder if streaming of a camcorder on USB is possible when using iMovie?

Comment

Working...
                                X