BOOM!!!! Financial Meltdown!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 'Press Start To Begin' View Post
    Quotes from 2 Guardian stories regarding a leaked document from the German Foreign office:-

The above quote was made by copying text from the two separate stories and joining them together. To fit my world view of course!
    Germany has drawn up secret plans to prevent a British referendum on the overhaul of the European Union amid concerns it could derail the eurozone rescue package, leaked documents obtained by The Daily Telegraph disclose.

An intrusive European body with the power to take over the economies of struggling nations should be set up to tackle the eurozone crisis, according to a leaked German government document.

The Guardian is no different to The Sun in my opinion, they're a very biased paper that again spins everything to appeal to the political demographic they have, but that's beside the point. B

But here we have why almost all journalism in the public domain is nothing more than wild speculation with a bias applied to it. We have a single leaked memo, of which you can guarantee there are hundreds if not thousands on the topic, that's all we know.

-We don't have the visibility of how seriously it is taken.
    -We don't have the knowledge of the rest of the debates and discussions surrounding it to be taken into account.
    -We don't know who leaked it or why, most political leaks are done on purpose to turn the public's viewpoint towards that desired by the leaking party. You leak something for the effect that it has, not because you believe it or intend to put it into effect. You leak things to gain leverage over your co-workers and force a change of internal policy, I've seen ridiculous stunts been pulled to this effect before. To believe a leak is a genuine lapse of security and is a secret they are trying to keep from you is plain niavety.

To be honest the plan doesn't sound that bad an idea to me, we've seen historically how politicians care more about being liked by the public and re-elected every 4 years than they do about long term economic and domestic stability. This is why the hospitals no longer own their own buildings, why privatisation has ripped the country to shreds and why spending is so out of control. The real policies that improve things take more than 4 years to actuate and see results, so they're a bad idea for politicians because if they make the sensible plays they have nothing to show for it at the end of their term and they get voted out. Taking power away from these people and putting it in the hands of a body to ensure stability across the whole region doesn't seem that bad, especially given some countries have clearly demonstrated they lack the ability to govern themselves. We invaded Iraq over a lot less money.

Comment

And now we've just invaded Iraq's banking sector. Or at least quarantined it.
      Without any proof that I can see.

Comment

Originally posted by averybluemonkey View Post
        To believe a leak is a genuine lapse of security and is a secret they are trying to keep from you is plain niavety.
        I think a leak can also be a way in which companies/powers can put 'feelers' out to test initial public reaction. Also to get people used to the idea slowly instead of just saying one day 'Hey, this is what we are going to do'.

I take your points though. BTW my opinion are shaped by books read over 10 years ago and some were written well before the EU was formed. I find it 'interesting' things are moving into place now and have great interest in what people think about it.

I am most interested in hearing opinions of people who said the 1 EU super state would never happen, then they will find it will happen. Do they begin to accept the idea of one world government or revert to their original view of it will never work etc? Absolute power corrupts, could one entity hold such power and be true to its citizen's or does it's 'share holders' take priority...?
        Last edited by 'Press Start'; 21-11-2011, 21:30.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
          And now we've just invaded Iraq's banking sector. Or at least quarantined it.
          Without any proof that I can see.
          What do you mean? I didn't get the comment? *long day*

Comment

Originally posted by averybluemonkey View Post
            The money is often borrowed from groups such as the World Bank. In the past when countries have said they can't deal with repayments the IMF steps in, takes over their national services, forces cuts and farms contracts out to Western corporations. Some country's have had their equivalent of the national health service torn down in this very manner.
            I know you can see where I am coming from...

Comment

Yeah but those countries didn't owe what Greece and Italy owe, and they didn't threaten to bring down our own economy. The estimates for their recovery are three times what the EU has available in it's 440 billion Euro emergency fund. These countries weren't exploited to get into this situation, it's of their own doing and that's the difference.

Comment

What do you mean? I didn't get the comment? *long day*
                The UK imposes new financial sanctions against Iran which it says are needed because Iranian banks may be linked to the country's alleged nuclear weapons programme.

Comment

Ahhhh yes. One of the few countries in the world without a Rothschild Controlled bank.

The last bank to be taken down then set up to become a Rothschild controlled bank was Libya.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                    Mary is the proprietor of a bar in Dublin...
                    That's great!
                    One small detail missing though: the young, dynamic vice-president at the bank, and indeed all the executives and traders involved higher up, are in fact members of a super race of ultra-rich lizard people who engineered the whole situation in order to one day install a one-world government. For some unspecified reason. Oh, and coincidentally, they all have Jewish surnames. Hmm, suspicious...

Originally posted by Press Start To Begin
                    I am most interested in hearing opinions of people who said the 1 EU super state would never happen, then they will find it will happen. Do they begin to accept the idea of one world government or revert to their original view of it will never work etc? Absolute power corrupts, could one entity hold such power and be true to its citizen's or does it's 'share holders' take priority
                    That's a bit of a stretch from an EU superstate (which is at least equally likely never to happen as it is, imo) to a one-world government though isn't it? How would such an enterprise encompass countries like China and India? How about all the African countries? Rogue states like North Korea?

The other thing I don't get about that is if those who are seeking to install a one-world government (ultimately to ensure they have all the wealth, presumably) are already unimaginably rich, why bother?
                    Last edited by endo; 22-11-2011, 09:10.

Comment

Originally posted by endo View Post
                      The other thing I don't get about that is if those who are seeking to install a one-world government (ultimately to ensure they have all the wealth, presumably) are already unimaginably rich, why bother?
                      Personally I believe the world's richest people all suffer from a mental illness akin to kleptomania but on a much, much larger scale. For these people simply nothing is ever enough, not any amount of wealth and power can satisfy these people.

Comment

People like Warren Buffett and Bill Gates kind of disprove that theory though don't they? They build huge fortunes and then give massive amounts away.

Comment

It gets to a stage where it's not about money at all, it's about power.

Comment

Originally posted by endo View Post
                            That's a bit of a stretch from an EU superstate (which is at least equally likely never to happen as it is, imo) to a one-world government though isn't it?
                            How would such an enterprise encompass countries like China and India? How about all the African countries? Rogue states like North Korea?
                            I suspect the financial crisis deepening topped off by a nasty war involving a few countries would just about do it. Don't know about rouge states though, I guess no resources + rouge = leave to rot!

Man's darkest and deepest desire I guess, total control of the world. MMMmWWwwhahaha

Comment

I suspect the financial crisis deepening topped off by a nasty war involving a few countries would just about do it. Don't know about rouge states though, I guess no resources + rouge = leave to rot!
                              The Amero is never going to happen. There's absolutely zero evidence for it and it simply doesn't make any sense. Could you really see the US (and Canada) merging its economy with Mexico- a country being torn apart in places by uncontrollable drug wars? Jesus, typing that out though I can see how it's more fuel for the conspiracy fire.

Anyway, from the very same article you linked above:
                              Herbert Grubel, the first proponent of the amero, admits that American officials show no interest in the topic.[1] He concedes that "there wouldn't be very much benefit for the United States" in an amero
                              As for leaving rogue states to rot- what if those rogue states had, for example, nukes you didn't know about? They can't just be ignored.

Comment

They have WMDs?! Invade them, quick!

Comment

Working...
                                X