No announcement yet.

Secret Santa 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to take part this year, looking forward to it already.

Comment

Ha ha, this is making me want to do a Summer Secret Santa!

Comment

Sadly never did get mine, even though I was told that he will be sending it "next week", just ended giving up asking. However will give it another go this year

Comment

It really is bad form not not honour your secret santa pledge. I have done it the past three years and 2 years were great and one was meh, with the strong possibility of it costing nothing, but I still love doing. I always save my present until the big day as well.

Comment

I did this for the first time in 2008, and I spent ages reading my target's posts (luckily he had a wants thread, too). I spent a fair bit over the 5 quid (but I put that down to the spirit of Xmas!) and as well as the game, he also got some unique game cards from the Japanese arcade version. I also put a letter in, though I'm not sure if the effort was appreciated.

What I got in return (from a mysterious a. smout), was fantastic! That person had scoured my posts and found two last gen games that I had wanted to play and also a graphic novel, which was great, because I like the Marvel universe but had never read much of the Avengers. Really thoughtful, and defintely over the 5 quid limit.

Looking forward to it again this year.

Comment

charlesR has kindly pointed me in the general direction of this thread which i hadnt seen as it appears the secret santa didnt reach its intended destination, I wasnt on for several months as the PC died on me and I lost most things on it including the urls to all my favourite sites, up till a few weeks ago I was still adding them back to my newly aquired laptop hence my absense from here and many other sites.

However, Id hate to feel the receiver feels I have snaffled them in any way after the number of years Ive been on here, Like another person said If I was gonna do a shaft surely it would be for a Ps3 or something of value rather than a cheeky free santa gift. (not that I would do anykind of shaftage)

Ill have a scrummage around for some xmas paper and see if we cant fix this for the forummer that fell foul to the gift not arriving, very frustrating as I cant think of anything thats never not arrived.

Cheers
              RubiQ

Comment

Surely this is going to get going again soon?

Who's going to be Santa's elf and start organising this?

Will names of participants be taken during November and then presents sent out in the second week of December or something?

Can't wait!

Comment

Id like to have ago this year! Never taken part in this!

Comment

Ooops. I've already been prompted about this but forgot. A new thread will start soonish.

Comment

Hoping for third time lucky this year!

Comment

Ooops. I've already been prompted about this but forgot. A new thread will start soonish.
                        That'll cost yer a really expensive prezzy this year then

Comment

Times getting short if people are going to have to import a gift.

There should be a hard rule this year where everyone that signs up has to post in a specific week/by a specific date and post in the new thread saying they have done so.

Comment

One moment...

Comment

Working...
                            X