No announcement yet.

R4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CycloDS is far and away the best DSLite card out there. But, if you own a DSi or XL, it won't work. So you will have to lump yourself with either an R4, DSTT or Acekard, none of which set the world alight imo. Save games are copy and hope in most cases and most games in general, especially the newer stuff doesn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by 112 View Post
      Is there a decent C64 emulator out for it by any chance?

FrodoDS. Not tried it. I'll give it a shot later.

Comment

Ooooh. C64 emu.

Must try too.

Comment

Soz for being a noob but wtf is an R4??

I thought you were talking about an Audi...

Comment

R4 is is basically a DS cartridge with an SD slot. This allows you to play homebrew and "cough"pirated"cough" games by downloading and copying them onto an SD card which then is inserted into the R4

Comment

Originally posted by Asholay View Post
              I've got the R4 for homebrew... just waiting for some good quality emulators now.

Has anyone developed any which run on the DS yet?
              JenesisDS is an awesome Megadrive emulator, runs pretty much all the best MD games out there nigh-on perfectly (Probotector, Bare Knuckle 3, Strider, G n' G, Shadow Dancer etc.) Only thing it seems to dislike is into-the-screen racers like Outrun 2019 but bar Road Rash, the MD wasn't really renowned for them, anyway.

Haven't found a fantastic SNES emu yet, mind.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                Haven't found a fantastic SNES emu yet, mind.
                Me either. Have you found a decent PC Engine Emu for it

Comment

^There are some but they all seem to need a Slot 2 (GBA slot) device to work, don't know if there's one that will work purely from the R4 card yet (???)

Comment

Anyone able to get this Frodo working?

Comment

Originally posted by NemesiS View Post
                      Me either. Have you found a decent PC Engine Emu for it
                      A friend of mine recommended NitroGrafx...probably the best you're going to get if you want decent PCE/TG-16 action on your DS.

As far as I know, it's one of the few PCE/TG-16 emulators (if not the only PCE/TG-16 emulator) that will work on either SLOT-1 or SLOT-2 devices.

Comment

Still can't get FrodoDS working.

"not found fs_romdisk: mouting image at 0x0 at /rd"

Anyone got a step by step of what they did to get this working once downloaded from gpf's dev site?

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                          ^There are some but they all seem to need a Slot 2 (GBA slot) device to work, don't know if there's one that will work purely from the R4 card yet (???)
                          Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                          A friend of mine recommended NitroGrafx...probably the best you're going to get if you want decent PCE/TG-16 action on your DS.

As far as I know, it's one of the few PCE/TG-16 emulators (if not the only PCE/TG-16 emulator) that will work on either SLOT-1 or SLOT-2 devices.
                          Cheers, i'll look that up and give it a whirl

Comment

developer site releasing the best in homebrew and emulators for the nintendo DS and sega dreamcast and Sony PSP and Cellphone releases

Got the right version now.

Beamrider worked full speed. Not tried any others yet.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by charlesr; 09-11-2010, 13:15.

Comment

^ Thanks Charlie Bear! Will get on this tonight! Was it a lengthy process? Or can a lyamen like me do it easily?

EDIT: Love the fact you are on the DS Phat like me!

Comment

I downloaded the files from that site, copied them into the root of my DS and added a .d64 file into the rd folder.

Left trigger to access the rd file list (and A to select). Right trigger to load it. Win.
                                I suspect there's going to be some compatability issues on later games (beamrider is very basic early game, but I love it).

Comment

Working...
                                X