Apparently, I'm British

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paulos G View Post
    Also, I prefer BK fries to those you get at McD's.
    Serious? BK fries have no po ta to in them though...

Also, does anybody have that LotR gif?

Comment

Originally posted by spagmasterswift View Post
      Serious?
      As a heart attack.

Comment

Originally posted by spagmasterswift View Post
        Serious? BK fries have no po ta to in them though...
        Yes I am serious, I hate all that salt on the McD's fries - they are disgusting dude! They maybe made out of the finest potatoes known to man, but you can't taste ANYTHING but the salt

Comment

Does the fear of finding spit (or worse) in your food stop you from asking for fries with no salt?

Comment

Perhaps, but I've seen how they make the fries - once they're cooked, they are covered in salt, so every batch of fries is tainted. If I did ask them to make a salt free batch (which I do think should be an option), I'm sure they'd just suck all the salt off of a salty batch and then give them to me - bastards!

Anyway, the finest chips/fries are the ones served in the Chiquito's Mexican restaurants - christ they are good, especially when dipped in their BBQ sauce, or just sour cream!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
              There's a bizarre sense of needing to have some history for a lot of Americans, I find.

I've met several Americans that claim that they're Irish because their ancestors used to live in Ireland and they've visited Dublin once.

Going somewhere once doesn't make you from there!

Does Neil Armstrong say "Oh yeah, I'm from The Moon."?
              Brilliant! This is so much the truth! God, how many times have I heard this crap from the yank's? Especially today of all days!

Comment

Thanks everyone. Seriously. I think I have enough people saying "Just get it over with!" that I'm going to start on the paperwork.

And the mayo on fries thing, that I'm going to blame on Mom, who's definitely not Belgian though I'm going to ask her where she picked it up next time I see her.

Comment

Why has your mother not taken US citizenship? I would assume it would make things easier as even though she has been living in America since the 60s, on paper she is still a foreigner. Anyway, I will mind my own business. LOL

Comment

Ah, yes, well, you see, even after 40+ years of living here, going to school, being married, so on and so forth, she still more or less divides the world as follows:

1) Scots
                    2) Barbarians*

* She kind of likes the French.

Comment

Originally posted by taurusnipple View Post
                      Brilliant! This is so much the truth! God, how many times have I heard this crap from the yank's? Especially today of all days!
                      YES! True to the nth power. Jesus. And they reckon everyone in the Republic eats corned beef all the time and all.

BaudAttitude: I can relate; I seem to have found myself settling down with a nice American lass, so in a while I'm going to be facing the reverse dilemma

Comment

I believe having. British passport is quite a coup so it definately seems worth it plus I imagine you could get a job as a spy or something

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                          There's a bizarre sense of needing to have some history for a lot of Americans, I find.

I've met several Americans that claim that they're Irish because their ancestors used to live in Ireland and they've visited Dublin once.

Going somewhere once doesn't make you from there!

Does Neil Armstrong say "Oh yeah, I'm from The Moon."?

You're lucky enough to have a genuine claim, so go for it!

I don't think there's any tax implications as you don't actually live here, but I can see the advantages of having a Euro passport.

Why not get it sorted then organise a Eurotrip soon after? You'll spend more time in the cities than in the airport security.

I have a totally different view on this matter surely it is about genetics the only people who are American are the native American people .

Comment

It can't just be about genetics, otherwise where do we draw the line? There has been movement of people for millions of years. Culturally speaking, most Americans are to all intents and purposes American, so long as their lineage in America can be traced back far enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Randicoot View Post
                              It can't just be about genetics, otherwise where do we draw the line? There has been movement of people for millions of years. Culturally speaking, most Americans are to all intents and purposes American, so long as their lineage in America can be traced back far enough.
                              Tis a tricky thing to just say you are from X so you cannot be Y.

Personally I could never imagine changing my nationality. But it depends doesn't it. One friend of mine is 100% Japanese by birth, but he had to change his nationality to work for the U.S government. For obvious reasons. I like the idea of duel citizenship, but not every country does it.

Comment

I'm planning to acquire another passport at some point... could be pretty useful.

Comment

Working...
                                X