Police Fixed Penalty Notices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by evilthecatuk View Post
    my email from my friend pretty much clarifies this he will be ok unless he goes for a job in the NHS, Police Service or with Vulnerable adults or obviously kids, if he states his "conviction - term applied very loosely" on his application he would still be employable by anyone anyways. Hope I helped
    Thanks Mate, I'll let him know.

Comment

Actually does anyone know if this sort of blight on a police record has any effect on emigration to Australia??

Comment

Originally posted by Unwell Cat View Post
        Actually does anyone know if this sort of blight on a police record has any effect on emigration to Australia??
        Compulsory I would have thought!

Don't call them the Shackledragger for nothing.

Comment

it goes against you if you want to go to canada, so it more than likely would

Comment

Originally posted by browngirl View Post
            it goes against you if you want to go to canada, so it more than likely would
            Really tell me more?

Comment

Great timing for this thread, I recently went for promotion and had to give auth to have a standard disclosure done. I was panicking, me doing a piss in an alley and a sharp eyed policeman catching me resulting in a£40 fine which I paid the next day would show up on a disclosure.

As for the travelling abroad thing, I have been to OZ, Canada and USA in 2006 with a criminal record and it never affected me.

My crimes are spent now but as its immigration I would imagine they do an enhanced search which shows everything.

I think they do random checks if you have to apply in advance for your visa.

My advice dont let it stop you going, chances are really low of being caught.

Comment

^^ Enhanced or not it should not show up "Spent" convictions / if anything it shows up as spent. Usually the rule and its very broad is if the fine is £80 its going on a criminal record, out else £30, £40, i think there is a £50 you are A'OK they will be recorded as a crime but not give you a criminal record (or a PNC profile) Crime recording is a different system to PNC

Comment

In Scotland enhanced shows spent or unspent with detail Im afraid.

I have met loads of people thru work who have failed to get jobs because they failed the enhanced disclosure, one even with convictions from 24 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo-V6 View Post
                    In Scotland enhanced shows spent or unspent with detail Im afraid.

I have met loads of people thru work who have failed to get jobs because they failed the enhanced disclosure, one even with convictions from 24 years ago.
                    What type of jobs require a CRB or Enhanced CRB check anyway. I've never had one before (I think) do the forms say CRB on them?
                    Last edited by Unwell Cat; 28-03-2009, 07:05.

Comment

Anyone who deals with vunerable groups thru work i.e bus driver, taxi driver for school contracts etc

Any type of social work, police work, community support, youth development officer etc etc.

The law has been tightend up considerably in the last 10 years, quite right so but it has went a bit overkill.

Comment

Working...
                      X