Drunken stupidity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chemical Boy View Post
    I rather stupidly got myself in trouble with the Police whilst drunk. Basically they arrested me as they thought I was knocking bins overs. I was arrested for criminal damage, cuffed and chucked in the van but instead I was chucked back out and told to pick them up, which I did including rubbish lol!

To cut to the chase should I expect to hear more about this as I thought they would need to take me to the nick and charge me. Cannot believe I got myself in this situation and can barely remember what was said other than what a plonker I was.
    They probably cuffed you and chucked you in the van to give you a fright. Although you really should probably face the gallows for your heinous crime.

Comment

I once got told by the police to empty my bag of weed down the drain outside a restaurant before. I smoked it in front of about oohhh... twenty or so people so that's my fault I guess.

I certainly got away with it at the time but I don't take drugs or smoke weed anymore so it's all good. It was only a yearly phase I went through during my last year at Sixth Form.

Good times.

Comment

I am such a well behaved drunk, last Friday I stayed up till 3:30am making cookies (over 120) cos I was drunk and all my friends had fell asleep lol

Comment

I've never been drunk...

Comment

wha? I wish I could say the same, but being sober is too boring. Every saturday I wake up and 'never drinking again *groan*' then the following friday I'm supping beers like the worlds going to end tomorrow.

Comment

I recommend getting blind drunk and going home with an absolute swamp donkey of a bird at least once in your life. Make sure all your mates are there to see it. The shame will stain the very fabric of your being and you'll never drink again.

Not that I'd know anything about that

Comment

My main concern is if something like a court summons comes though the door, wonder whats the chance of this?

Good reason not to get drunk anymore for me and save money.

Comment

Originally posted by kernow View Post
                  wha? I wish I could say the same, but being sober is too boring. Every saturday I wake up and 'never drinking again *groan*' then the following friday I'm supping beers like the worlds going to end tomorrow.

That was me 6 years ago. Thank god those days are gone.

Surely if they didn't take you to the station, they're not going to charge you with anything?

Comment

Aww I was hoping to see a thread full of 'drunken stories'

Comment

Originally posted by Chemical Boy View Post
                      My main concern is if something like a court summons comes though the door, wonder whats the chance of this?

Good reason not to get drunk anymore for me and save money.
                      Were you specifically charged with anything there and then? Usually you'd be charged on the spot, but if your details were taken down then it's not unheard of for a charge to made at a later date.

Comment

Don't scare the lad! If they didn't give you a fixed penalty ticket there and then, and didn't take you to the station to be charged, you're probably OK. It's probably more paperwork and hassle than it's worth for the police to charge every random drunk they pick up of a weekend. If they made you clean up the bins and let you go they probably think you learned your lesson.

Comment

Im having serious nostalgic flashbacks reading this thread.

Comment

Nothing will happen just trying to give you a shock so you dont do it again, ill hold my hand up and say i done the same was about 24 -25 and drank loads of 'white lightning' cider 8% rocket full before going out on town getting even more mad with it when my mate says for a laugh shall we start taking hub caps of cars for a laugh unfortunately the Police didn't see it so funny took our names took us in cells phoned parents a 3.30 am just to let them know what idiots we'd been never heard nothing and ive a good job which needs a discloser so dont worry but stay off the cider

Comment

I've always thought as long as you're not hurting anyone there's nothing wrong (well, maybe not nothing) with a little harmless fun. God knows i've done worse things for a giggle (even without any alcohol... ahem) - life's too short and far too serious not to. As other's have said the police who stopped you were probably just trying to scare you. They are people too at the end of the day, they probably had a right chuckle about it afterwards.

edit: oh, and Lizard King, good work mate :-)
                              Last edited by Adam Stone; 12-05-2009, 10:01.
                              ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

I like Shadow Dancer's reply. Reminds me of something I read once from Jung, about how, while we like to beat ourselves up for doing stupid stuff, it is part of human nature to make mistakes, and indeed we are compelled psychologically to make bigger and more frequent mistakes as we get older. So, just try to have a laugh about it. No-one died.

Comment

Working...
                                X