Brits: follow the rules when abroad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tommy Verceti View Post
    Plain & simple follow the laws/culture of other countries. If you're gay & u end up having sex on the beach or kissing in public then its your own fault for not even being able to keep it behind closed doors. Same goes for the slappers (men & women) that have 3 somes on the beaches & act like twats in the street.
    I'm sorry, but which of those acts wouldn't get you arrested for indecent exposure or similar in THIS country?

Comment

Kissing in public.

Comment

Apologies, didn't see that one!

Comment

I went abroad recently myself. Terrible experience. They all speak forrin for a start! Political correctness gone mad I reckon. Quite frankly, I blame Brussels bureaucrats and the EU!121!one!

To generalise terribly, most (western) European countries (and Scandinavia) have similar laws, so your average Brit on holiday isn't going to end up in bother if they don't act the knobhead doing things that would be equally illegal in this country (I'm not aware of any common European holiday destination where kissing in public is illegal). Beyond that, it's not like your average lager lout goes on lads' pissup-type holidays in Muslim countries is it?

When I went to Amsterdam once, it was chock-full of Yank fratboys getting stoned off their tits and generally acting the goat. I, for one, was horrified.

@Tommy: Italy isn't good for veggies- but try France on for size. Actually, until very recently, vegetarianism was illegal and punishable by public flogging in most départements of France. In fact, public cruelty to animals is a compulsory part of the French school leavers' certificate. Trufax.
          Last edited by endo; 16-06-2009, 22:38.

Comment

Working...
          X