NTSC-UK fishing club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by winky View Post
    perch upto 1lb - never ever managed to catch bigger perch and not from a want of trying
    Come fish the canal at Loughborough. There's certain places full of Perch up to 3lb, though I've never tried myself I have seen people taking them out.

Anyway...

I guess either:

a. No one has done any fishing yet

or

b. You're all as crap as me!

Just went down the river over the road from me after work and caught a 3lb8oz Chubb, very nice it was and also lost a Carp, which would have been a great land, as it was well into double figures. That will teach me to use boilies and only 6lb line!!!

Comment

I'm certainly no expert when it comes to fishing, but it is certainly something I enjoy. I've not done much fishing in rivers in the UK, although I've gone sea fishing off the coast of peninsular Malaysia. Caught quite a bit, including a sailfish (which I put back). I'll try and find some photos..

I've been fishing in Argyll a couple of times, but never caught anything of mention! I'm at Uni in Aberdeen and have been thinking of giving it a go up there. Anyone familiar with the area?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Pie View Post
        I'm at Uni in Aberdeen and have been thinking of giving it a go up there. Anyone familiar with the area?
        Yeah am from Aberdeen mate,but I know F*** all about fishing lol...

There's a guy I work with into it tho, could ask him if you like where the best place to go..

Comment

A few pics.....

Young and in shock at my first 2lb Roach

Pike

Poncey shot

Suprise winter Tench

More Pike

Bang up to date July 09

Nowt huge but good fun never the less!

James

Comment

Nice fish!

Had a 7lb Pike out this evening which is my biggest this season and a ton of small Perch. Only went down with a spinner to kill an hour or so after work, which ended up being nearly 3!!! Would put up pics but I was by myself so didn't get any decent ones.

Really need to fish the waters with the bigger fish round here, but seeing as I don't drive, no one I fish with does and no one else I know is interested, getting to them may be a bit of an issue.

Comment

Can anyone recomment me some good stretches of canal or river?

Just been made redundant so thinking of trying out some other places than the local ones, maybe go somewhere for a few days.

Comment

Suez?

Comment

FFS!!! Went for a couple of hours this afternoon and these Pike are really pissing me off. Four takes as I was landing fish today, only one didn't take my rig as I went hardcore and put my size 14 on a trace. Not too fussed about the fish it took anyway, as it was an annoying Gudgeon.

One that I am gutted about though, is a huge Perch that took a Roach I hooked. Must have been at least 4-5lb by the size of it. It was HUGE! Still, I'll get him one day.
                  Last edited by MonkeyJuggleDX; 12-08-2009, 17:04.

Comment

Went fishing recently with my mate. Few hours and a few beers and I caught three minnows, one of them was foul hooked. Meanwhile my mate became John Wilson and caught crucians, chub, perch and roach. Then my old man walked by with his missus so I sodded off when they offered me a lift. Next time.

Comment

Haha John Wilson...

I think I still have some 'Go Fishing' episodes on VHS up in the loft!!!

Where I went today is VERY hit and miss. Went on Monday and caught bugger all. This afternoon I was yanking them out and getting big takes.

Comment

Good old Wilson you can't beat his hahaha hehehe chuckle!

Comment

Serious Andy, come down and fish the Itchen. Will put you up for few days.

Comment

I'll deffo consider it man. Need to get some more gear before I do any fishing again.

6 more Pike attacks today and it really is taking the piss. Any time I hook something smaller than about 1lb the Pike come out to play. Not impressed at all so tomorrow it's time to get some traces and deadbait *and a nice big lead pipe to twat the bastards over the head*. That'll teach the ****ers!!!

*Not really but I do feel like doing it

Comment

New PB Tench yesterday evening. 3lb14oz from the canal near me. Still small but made my day.

Comment

Here's a pic of me looking quite smug after catching something I never thought I'd see locally

Also, can anyone else confirm this is a baby Zed?

Comment

Working...
                                X