iPhone thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Extra Terrestrial View Post
    Are you saying that Apple will continue to sell the 3G-less phones once the 3G model eventually comes out?

That would be welcome as long as the price is right.
    Ohh, no, not at all. Apple hardly ever reduce stuff, this was their sly way of doing it though, by shifting their stock through a channel that isn't their website but to the official distributor - that way the perceived value is maintained on their website and they keep face.

But, when the 3G version is out and unlocked (however long that takes), then, I can see the older models getting cheaper as people want to upgrade and it depreciates naturally. There's a reason they're offloading them right now (and have sold out it seems), because 3G is almost certainly arriving at the up-coming conference in the first half of June. I'd bet on it.

Comment

Okay, if anyone knows where I can find a cheap Iphone, please let me know.

Carphone Warehouse haven't got any left and the people on ebay want about a million pounds for a handset.

Comment

Yeah they're are literally none left now! Just off the phone with my mate there to check again but they still have none in O2 shop either!

I'm gutted as I was so hyped up for it, and my K850i has broke again just at the right time too.

Comment

Only O2 and Carphone Warehouse sell them, so if you can't get one there or second hand on Ebay then you're out of luck I'm afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by Randicoot View Post
            Only O2 and Carphone Warehouse sell them, so if you can't get one there or second hand on Ebay then you're out of luck I'm afraid.
            Pants.

Ebay for ?250 it is then I really hate the look of practically every other phone on the market right now.

Originally posted by Rossco View Post
            I'm gutted as I was so hyped up for it, and my K850i has broke again just at the right time too.
            Yeah, same. My K810i and my old Nokia N80 have just bitten the dust within days of each other.

Comment

Originally posted by [nothing] View Post
              Pants.

Ebay for ?250 it is then I really hate the look of practically every other phone on the market right now.
              You could buy a brand new one from Apple for ?269inc.

Comment

Only 16GB iPhone seems to be available now other than through the Apple Store which is still selling 8GB units. Stock is definitely slowing down though which indicates new 3G models are imminent. I would hold off buying any iPhone right now.

Comment

I dread to think how long the battery will hold up on a 3G version. Mine is dead within a couple of hours of infrequent browsing on GPRS.

Comment

This driving game is looking pretty nifty

If you needed some indication as to how much power the iPhone had for games, this Raging Thunder demo should make you giddy for what's to come. Not only does the game use the accelerometer, which acts as a more-than-adequate wheel, everything's rendered in pretty decent OpenGL 3D graphics as well. It's no GTA4, but…

the player/control system leave a lot to be desired though.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                      I dread to think how long the battery will hold up on a 3G version. Mine is dead within a couple of hours of infrequent browsing on GPRS.
                      The battery isn't exactly grade A is it. Im only getting 2 days at most of texting, about 30 mins of calls, about 45 mins of music and a little internet through wifi.

Never understood why companies cant put decent batteries in there devices, surely if you put all these features in a mobile device people are guna want to, you know, use them when there mobile and not next to a plug socket.

Comment

The battery life of the iPhone can be improved by turning off the WiFi when you don't need it. Also GPRS browsing is quite a drain as well as it has to spend more time broadcasting and receiving data than using Edge or WiFi.

I'm quite happy with the battery life on the present iPhone especially considering the size and brightness of the screen and the amount of time I spend using it in iPod mode playing back Apple Lossless files.

Comment

I know from experience that on previous phones I've had that the 3G absolutely hammered the battery by comparison to GPRS.

Comment

Okay, if were to walk into a branch of Carphone Warehouse and buy an Iphone, would they make me sign a contract there and then? Or are they adopting the o2 shop approach of just allowing me to buy the handset without a contract?

Comment

Originally posted by [nothing] View Post
                              Okay, if were to walk into a branch of Carphone Warehouse and buy an Iphone, would they make me sign a contract there and then? Or are they adopting the o2 shop approach of just allowing me to buy the handset without a contract?
                              I'm interested in this too. So you can walk in to O2 and buy the handset without signing up for a contract? What reason would you give for this?

Comment

Dont think you need to, and if they question it, just say it's for your brother or something and they haven't decided what contract to go on yet! But I don't think they'll question you about it.

But good luck finding a store that has it in stock.

Comment

Working...
                                X