No announcement yet.

iPhone thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just jailbroke my 5s a few days back as well but alot of the the stuff that ya mentioned dont work with the A7 64 bit chip which is a bit of a shame as I love some of the tweaks you mentioned on my previous iPhone 5.

Also, my fav paid tweak Springtomize 2 hasnt been updated for iPhone 5s as yet.

Anyhow, these are my other fav cydia tweaks that hasn't been mentioned yet...

Bytafont 2 - Change system fonts to a different font or different colour
    DataDeposit - Backup and restore save data for (ahem cracked) games to dropbox and other cloud storage accounts
    iCleaner Pro - Like CCleaner on PC, gets rid of temp files and other crap left behind and lets you have more storage space back
    iSwipe Keyboard - Lets us have swype ability on the iOS keyboard

P.S. Do any of you guys know of a cydia tweak similar to Call End on android? Basically what I'm after is, when speaking to someone on the phone, you know if if the other person has hung up or not as the phone vibrate at the end of the call. This is really good for when you ring call centres for a complaint and instead of hanging on for dear life, ya know if the call has ended or if the other person put the phone down on you.

Comment

Discovered quite a few tweaks which have made my iPhone 4S much nicer.

Using Five Icon Dock to squeeze another app into the dock (would like to use Six Icon Dock, but it doesn't appear to work with iOS7, might buy Infinidock), Dietbar shrinks most of the app bars and banners to gain a bit more screen real estate, DockShift makes the dock transparent so I can see more of my background image, Nitrous allows me to use Apple's Nitro Javascript engine with third party browsers (including my preferred Mercury browser), NoSlowAnimations makes the OS more usable by getting rid of the pointless menu animations that slow the thing down. Just a couple of the things that the regular iOS doesn't feature.

Comment

Can anyone keep an eye out for something to remove/disable the previous/next buttons above the keyboard when typing? I keep hitting next instead of E when typing on here and moving to theme selection which often reloads the page and I lose what I was typing if I can't stop the reload fast enough

There's a tweak that adds a numbers row above the keys which I could use but it's $1.99 and I feel I should just learn to tap the lower parts of the top row of keys like I'm doing now

Comment

Does anybody know if there's a cheap cradle to sorts to be able to place an iPhone above a Dual Shock 3 controller? Any generic ebay one will do, but I'm thinking that might be a solution for playing some games and using some emulators.

Comment

Speaking of which, I just found out about Controllers for All. $1.99 to add dual shock 3 support to iOS7. It's for games that work with the new controller API so not sure about touch screen emulation.

Comment

I think Blutrol is supposed to be better because it supports games that don't natively support controller, by mapping parts of the touchscreen to a controller.

Comment

Yeah that's good but MFI has multiplayer support. If emulators get updated to use it then next time we go on a long journey we can play together. Also it's a cheap alternative as it doesn't rely on btstack.

I was all set to buy blutrol for our thailand NYE trip but realised last-minute that it'd only work for a single controller so didn't bother.

I guess there's every chance blutrol will be updated to support MFI as well, in which case I'll get it.

Comment

Native MFI support would be better of course. I don't see it being retroactively supported by many of the games that I have on the app store though, like Sonic or Chrono Trigger. I guess I will end up getting both at some point, once I find a nice way to attach the iPhone above the Dual Shock 3.

Blutrol doesn't have IOS7 support until February anyway, which is frustrating!

Comment

In the video for controllers for all he was playing Sonic 2. Not sure about the first Sonic if that's what you mean?

Comment

I've looked into MFI support. It does indeed support Sonic 2, but overall it only supports a small handful of games. There's a list on Google, and it's only about 30 games, all very recent.

You can get a build of RetroArch (the best emulator for jailbroken IOS) that supports MFI though, which is great.

Comment

Downloaded f.use last night. It lets you change the colour tone of the screen depending on ambient light(fluorescent, candle, etc). Apparently helps you sleep more quickly than the usual blue light if you use your phone before bed.

The mac/PC version was mentioned on BBC radio but even if the science is wonky it was much nicer to use last night - especially the iPad whose screen is bluer than my iPhone's

Comment

I think f.use is supposed to use a bit more battery though, which is something I'm quite fussy about.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
                            I think f.use is supposed to use a bit more battery though, which is something I'm quite fussy about.
                            Because I'm worth it.

Comment

They said it uses a few minutes of CPU a day. Whatever it does to the screen it seems it's merely a setting, not a constant running modification, because when I rebooted my iPad the Apple logo was tinted orange. It uses location settings to know when sunset is but that's it.

Also, you can turn it off and on as you need. It's gorgeous, though. The orange tint matches my room's smaller bulb which I use when watching telly/winding down. And when I'm at home my phone is charging or near to the charger.

I have it running today and will see how things go. So far my battery has only gone down 3% since 6am which is normal for my usage.

@fuse: I was hoping you'd chime in! Just realised it's called f.lux, though, not f.use

Comment

If you like visual novels you should be pleased to find that Aksys Games have released an old Chunsoft (999, Virtue's Last Reward, 428 etc) game - かまいたちいの夜 (Kamaitachi no Yoru) as "Banshee's Last Cry" on iOS.

I played for an hour or so this morning and I like it! It's just the perfect kind of thing for me to enjoy on a phone - you can go at your own pace, the controls are simple, and the story seems quite promising.

Comment

Working...
                                X