I have a question about this forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a question about this forum

Right, this forum is great and I'm so close to posting here regularly. There is one thing about it that really pisses me off however and that is the way it tracks viewed posts. What I mean by this is that if I sign in and read one thread the forum marks every thread in the entire forum as read meaning when I next sign back in there is no way to keep track of where I was in threads that I didn't read. I know it sounds really petty but when sites like Rllmuk keep track of how far you are in each thread why can't it do that here? If I'm missing something simple do tell!

I think this is a vBulletin issue as this only happens for me on this and one other forum which also uses it. It doesn't happen all the time either

Comment

Have you tried pressing the "first new post" button next to each thread with new posts in?

It works fine for me. Or perhaps I'm missing the point.

Comment

It's not really an issue for me, but I also get something like this happening.

If I log in, and then say I have to go away from the computer for 10 minutes, when I come back and refresh the site, all threads have been marked as read (not highlighted in blue).

Comment

I hate this too. Your forced into reading everything in one go.
          It would be nice for example, if I could just check the headlines and all the other sub forums remain as unread for me to read later on.

Comment

I don't get the same issue, but then I don't go in every forum. In OT though if I've been reading a particular thread, log off, then come back to the same thread later it usually takes me to the newest post.

Comment

Click 'quick links' > 'todays posts'

Comment

Working...
              X