Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Little things that irk you.. (no swearing please)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People who pull out in a motorway/dual carriageway in front of you then actually slow down rather than speed up. Happened one of the first times I went out on a busy, fast A road as a learner. Nothing like being forced to do an emergency overtake when you're completely inexperienced (thank god there was no one on the outside).

Comment

Anyway..this has got to me over a long time...watching gameplays on youtube and the original game music has some ridiculous rock track..what the f*ck is with that?
      Ditto

Also:

* people who abuse the phrase "PAL" and use it as some sort of geek-speak for "European". See "PAL GameBoy" and "PAL Blu-ray" and "PAL PC version". Using technical terms does not make you cool (if it did, I would be sorted on that department) and even if it did, you have to know what they mean

* "x is the new y" for example, "Staying in is the new going out". ARRGGHH

Comment

Too much swearing in this thread. This is the "irk" thread. Not the "i'm foaming at the gill because of these things" thread. Please think of other words to emphasise your points. Thanks all!

Comment

People who wear jeans that show thier underpants...for christ sake pull them up and get a belt..

Comment

this whole thread *focuses really hardd huuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr damn....cant mentally close it*
            Last edited by Largo; 01-10-2009, 16:05.

Comment

Originally posted by endo View Post
              A couple more...

People using the phrase 'old skool' (especially with the k) all over the place. .
              And people who seem to like spelling cool with a K.

Comment

A couple of other things which I've run into today.

People who use the word "awesome" as an every day word. It should be used when something has inspired awe in you, it's not when you've had a cup of tea and it was quite nice. If something is truly awesome then it can be life changing.

It's been used out of context since the 80s or 90s when everything even mildly interesting started to be described as awesome.

The second one is this and I don't really have any more to say about it.

Comment

People on this very site who post photos of new games without stating the name of the game...like because they know and I don't they are somehow special.

Comment

the overuse of exclamation marks to show how funny/ great something is !!!!!!!!!!

Stephen Fry.

Comment

Originally posted by merf View Post
                      Stephen Fry.

But the Fry is one of the "one true goods"...

Comment

Woman.

Comment

Originally posted by kernow View Post
                          People who buy Japanese RPG's or text heavy games, despite not knowing a word of Japanese.
                          I nearly mentioned this when you first posted the above but I decided to behave! Anyway I'm adding J0e Musashi to my list of little things that are irksome.
                          Last edited by JP; 01-10-2009, 17:45. Reason: changed from "this" to "the above"

Comment

Originally posted by John Parry View Post
                            I nearly mentioned this when you first posted the above but I decided to behave! Anyway I'm adding J0e Musashi to my list of little things that are irksome.

And I'm adding you to mine for your continuous quest to be the first to inform us of ANYTHING. AT. ALL. that happens in the world of video gaming.
                            Plus you're Welsh. Plus you have no idea what I'm about whatsoever, but think its funny to have a dig at me.

*regrets that there is no two-finger smiley*
                            Last edited by J0e Musashi; 01-10-2009, 18:14.
                            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

And I'm also adding in all of the imbeciles that use an import site despite a Big Mac being the only import they've ever had their hands on.
                              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by John Parry View Post
                                This is quite funny because I remember game sharing policenauts off you ages ago from the JP PSN store, and that is pretty damn text heavy.

Comment

Working...
                                X