Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Little things that irk you.. (no swearing please)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What site is that then?

Comment

Going on from Youtube Irk, I absolutely ****ing hate these reaction videos popping up all over the place.

Case in point, I wanted to check out some footage of the Kanye West outburst and I clicked over 10 youtube links and every damn one of them was some ****ing little **** talking to the cam about his/her reaction to what happened!!

WHO GIVES A **** about how you felt, show me the damn footable or kill yourselves!!????

I swear, it turns me homicidal!

Comment

grammar and spelling is a bugbear, the stupid capital 'I' for no reason in the thread title bothers me.

plus people who think that 'giving 110%' marks them down as being super keen rather than just mathematical imbeciles.

frequent misuse of to & too round these parts as well.

Comment

In case you were wondering, this site has rules for the correct use of apostrophes:

I guess it's things that are regularly written incorrectly, so people aren't 100% sure, like "I've got some DVD's for sale" instead of "DVDs".

Comment

For me its just not important. I hate typing and I hate writing although I do try to spell correctly. My spelling used to be excellent at school but I never really liked English in general. Ironically I have been often told I am very posh!!

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
            In case you were wondering, this site has rules for the correct use of apostrophes:

I guess it's things that are regularly written incorrectly, so people aren't 100% sure, like "I've got some DVD's for sale" instead of "DVDs".

Comment

A Tesco Express opened near us earlier this year. It has two different checkout queues, one for the self service checkout and one for the normal checkout.

Despite both being very clearly labelled there are gits that fill up the self service queue even though they want the normal checkout. Probably because it's about three feet nearer than the normal checkout queue, lazy buggers.

I ask them if they want the self service machine and go past when they say no. I have yet to succumb to the temptation to say "Do you want the self service machine? No? Well get in the f***ing right queue then you lazy ****!"

Comment

Oh, and people who always use "I" (as in "my wife and I") even when "me" would be correct.

Comment

"me wife and I"?

Comment

Day trippers at Old Trafford on match day.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                      I thought you meant ntsc-uk for a minute there. As in, in our rules. heheh. We should though.

Comment

No we shouldnt!
                        I wouldnt post then and you would all lose out!

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                        I thought you meant ntsc-uk for a minute there. As in, in our rules. heheh. We should though.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                          No they dont!! Try getting a kid out of a car with little space to park, especially a 3 door. They are bloody handy. I didnt mind them when i didnt have kids.
                          But pretty much everyone here did without growing up (hold onto the edge of the door with your hand, if it gets knocked, your hand bumps the other car rather than the door taking a chunk out of the paint) and the only places which actively have them are supermarkets doing everything they can to snag the lucrative weekly family shop.

It's frustrating when you see a supermarket with a small number of disabled spaces filled and the rest of the spots converted to parent and child. Especially when you've got disabled people in your car and it causes a great deal of pain and strain just getting them from the car seat to a chair. A bit of extra convenience for a valuable customer at the expense of pain and discomfort for a less valued customer really doesn't sit right with me.

Comment

I used to have a Toyota Celica. Try getting a kid out of the back while holding on to the door. I bet you cant do it. I can see your point on one hand. What I dont like is how the parent spaces are so near to the entrance. I often park far away in regular spaces where there arent many cars.

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
                            But pretty much everyone here did without growing up (hold onto the edge of the door with your hand, if it gets knocked, your hand bumps the other car rather than the door taking a chunk out of the paint) and the only places which actively have them are supermarkets doing everything they can to snag the lucrative weekly family shop.

It's frustrating when you see a supermarket with a small number of disabled spaces filled and the rest of the spots converted to parent and child. Especially when you've got disabled people in your car and it causes a great deal of pain and strain just getting them from the car seat to a chair. A bit of extra convenience for a valuable customer at the expense of pain and discomfort for a less valued customer really doesn't sit right with me.

Comment

What annoys me in work is when you need to shift some stuff to another floor, who do the get? The starpping young lad (that will be me ) And the woman/girls sit there thinking im too decent/pretty/delicate/etc........... to lift bags,/boxed/folder/etc around the office! Even if its their own **** they expect someone else to do it! I wear the majority of modern day woman are freakin lazy!

Comment

Originally posted by 112 View Post
                                wear the majority of modern day woman are freakin lazy!

Just english women i think.

Comment

Working...
                                X