No announcement yet.

Roller Coasters, Rides and Theme Parks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, we could do with a 2nd honeymoon...

Seriously have an awesome time, excited for you going!

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
      Yeah, we could do with a 2nd honeymoon...

Seriously have an awesome time, excited for you going!
      You can tag along with me and Wakka, but we're not letting [MENTION=5941]Asura[/MENTION] cramp our style.

Actually, forget it - you'd just be riding the bleedin' gondolas all day!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
        You can tag along with me and Wakka, but we're not letting @Asura cramp our style.
        People say it's lame to have a speadsheet to plan out your Disney holiday, but they don't manage to do quite literally everything in 2 weeks so nerrrrr

Comment

I mean, people are allowed to do what they want on their holiday, but I was incredulous at my sister and her family casually rocking up to the parks about 1pm and being surprised they have to queue for hours, whereas we were up as the parks opened, already with rides booked, lunches packed, fast passes prepped and itinerary of rides with their order!

Military campaigns have looked slapdash in comparison!

Comment

Yeah, that's amateur hour. A spreadsheet actually sounds fun to put together

Next time I go with my partner I need to find a balance though. Our visit to Shanghai Disneyland was described by her as a 'deathmarch' (but did we get on all the main rides, yes we did).

My solution will be to secretly spreadsheet everything but to maintain an air of casuality and serendipity as if everything is happenstance rather than ruthlessly planned. Also to insert a lot more breaks to chill at the pool, etc*, instead of just relentless attractions. That will be a lot easier when we are staying in the resort rather than just visiting for the day.

*all chilling at pool or other non-attraction-based activity to be comprehensively timeboxed within the secret spreadsheet, naturally

Comment

Thankfully, my wife is just as keen to maximise park time as me, if not more - she booked all those restaurants, sorted the Universal fastpass trick (1 night in a premium hotel for 2 days' fast passes) and so on.
              I brought the what, where and when.
              The kids didn't know what hit them.
              "Yes, 'It's A Small World' looks fun, but it's Buzz, People Mover, Jungle Cruise then​ back to IASMW!"

Comment

Ah, that's cool

I've got to tread more carefully if I want more theme park holidays in the future! The poor woman's feet were killing her after Shanghai, we had to literally go to a clothes shop in Downtown Disney on the way home to buy her some new more supportive shoes

Comment

Ooh, ooh! [MENTION=7037]Soundwave[/MENTION]!

The Mummy ride has re-opened!

Comment

Nice! But not as thrilling a rollercoaster ride as British politics at the moment, rite guys?!?1

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                      to buy her some new more supportive shoes
                      I specifically bought the kids some Skechers in preparation for the hundreds of miles I knew we'd be walking!
                      I even bought my daughter one with lights because I knew she'd like them and they'd make her a smidge taller!
                      (She was actually well over the smallest requirements and well under the next ones, though)

Comment

Originally posted by endo View Post
                        Nice! But not as thrilling a rollercoaster ride as British politics at the moment, rite guys?!?1
                        Plenty of monsters in both, though.

Comment

Originally posted by endo View Post
                          Live Footage of the ConservaCoaster...

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                            Our visit to Shanghai Disneyland was described by her as a 'deathmarch' (but did we get on all the main rides, yes we did).

My solution will be to secretly spreadsheet everything but to maintain an air of casuality and serendipity
                            The trick to it, we were recommended (and I've since recommended to others) was that you list out your days, and any bookings (restaurants etc.) on each day. At Disneyworld you have to book park days in advance now too, so you can add that.

Then, for each day, you just list the main goal of that day (e.g. "Spend time in Galaxy's Edge") and 1-3 things you specifically want to do. The other stuff will take care of itself while you're there, but if you do this, you'll at least achieve your biggest "wants" while not micromanaging.

Comment

I've not done World but for Disneyland and Disneyland Paris we did okay mostly from two things:

1-Accept not riding every ride because not every ride is worth riding. There's a handful in each park which are just common rides with theming, if you get on them great if not you've missed nothing so no point planning around them

2-Each day, when the park opens, have two high demand rides you literally bee-line for. Within the opening half hour to 45 mins you'll have been on them at their lowest level of tailbacks freeing you up for the rest of the day.

Sticking to this we've never required a plan for the rest of the day and never struggled to get on pretty much everything else in the parks across the two days we typically go there for each time.

Comment

It is slightly different in World because of their Fastpass system.

Disney hotel guests can book 2 hours before park opening, non-guests 1 hr, so you book a high-demand ride at whatever slot you can get, because a lot of them are gone, then you can book the next ride an hour after, so you're swapping between pre-booked and filler rides all day.

Also, Disney especially, the parks get quieter as the littler kids leave, so we spent hoooours queueing for Avatar in the morning, but went on at the end of the day and had the ride to ourselves!

Hence why a phone battery is a must, these days.

Comment

Working...
                                X