Car Insurance Renewal Price: Cheaper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car Insurance Renewal Price: Cheaper?

Anyone else having trouble getting a cheaper renewal price?.

My fully comp has increased by about 35% with no claim and I turned 30 this year.

I called them up to see what they can do and they offerred ?266 & thats with a discount for paying it cash and a voluntary ?150 excess -
    when I paid ?215 last year with excess of ?0.

I have 5 years NCD.

The girl told me its industry wide and nothing they can do....

Bloomin compo claim culture!!! .

I dream of £266. Although the motorbike insurance is down to around there now which is nice.

Comment

Motor rates are rising, but 35% sounds like a big increase.

At the moment, most insurers are trying to get their increases on renewals, but they are still looking to increase their portfolio so new business rates are still dirt cheap. Shop around and you might get a better deal.

No point recomending an insurer/broker on price though as everyone's circumstances are different.

Comment

check out qudico or topcashback, as there are a lot insurers on there. My dad saved himself £50 by first comparing prices through gocompare and then going directly through his chosen insurer via quidco.

Comment

speaking of car insurance, my insurer whacked £500 on my premium because I've moved house! Bastards

Comment

Did you move from a guarded palace to a council estate or something?!

Comment

Whow knows, it was just from a regular studenty street in Derby to a regular studenty street in Sheffield.

The original price was about £500 cheaper than all the other quotes I had and this brings it in line with what I was originally quoted. Still it's a total **** having £115 a month come out for car insurance.

Comment

Yikes. What are you driving? I've got a turbonuttermodified thing and it's £400 (I'm in my 30's with ncb), parked on my driveway. Ring A-Plan

Comment

Please don't rub it in!
                  It's a 1.5 diesal mitsubishi colt, I'm 24, I've held my license for 1 year and have 1 year of NCB. It's a total con.

It's over £1100

Comment

If its any consolation to you I paid £1300 fully comp for a standard UK MR2 (2.0 Twin Cam) about 5 years ago.

I really hate insurance companies.

What you got Charles ? - An Evo/Impreza per chance................

Comment

Yeah, engine mods are only 20bhp up on standard until I get around to uprating the fuel pump and stuff, but antirollbar, induction kit (pointless but sounds good), droplinks, uprated rear discs, 3" zorst and calipers and prodrive bits are all listed. They didn't care.
                      Last edited by charlesr; 29-10-2009, 17:30.

Comment

Working...
                      X